FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, & leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, & TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, & TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states & 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, & Scotland.
About the Role:
The Sportsbook Commercial Manager will work closely with the Commercial Development Director to set the sportsbook strategy & act as liaison with the different stakeholders to ensure that it gets properly implemented across the organization (e.g. marketing, product, risk & trading, customer operations). At the same time he/she will be responsible for monitoring the business performance, spot trends/criticalities & report periodically to the leadership team.
What you'll do:
- Assess new investment ideas, build business cases to support the decision process
- Responsible for revenue forecast
- Support the sportsbook team in managing the commercial relationship with third parties/suppliers
- Work with the marketing team to set acquisition & retention targets (e.g. CPA, retention rate)
- Monitor the marketing performance to make sure that the team meets the targets agreed
- Monitor the business performance, key drivers & trends, & report regularly to the leadership team
- Input into the product roadmap assessing the commercial impact of new developments/features
- Constantly review the entire P&L & come with recommendation to drive the business to a higher level of profitability
- Be an expert of FanDuel sportsbook customer experience end to end (e.g. media, registration funnel, funding, odds, UX, promos, CS) & always look for further improvements
Essential & technical competencies:
- Strategic Mind-set: takes a long term view & anticipates future trends & implications
- Collaborates: is a team player - works with the team & stakeholders across the organization to get things done
- Commercial acumen: has a nose for business & understand the levers
- 3+ year experience in commercial/analytics/customer intelligence is preferable
- Proficient with SQL & other analytic tools (e.g. KNIME, Python, R)
- Experience in online businesses/e-commerce
- Passionate about sport and/or gambling
- Understand the different components of a P&L & is familiar with the budgeting process
- Understand the fundamentals of online marketing
What you get in return:
Beyond working with such a great team!
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning & development opportunities
- 401K with company contribution match
- Generous healthcare & value creation share plan
There's more, but we don't want to go on & on!
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.