Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
Our Advanced Analytics Immersive course empowers students with both the skills & mindsets to become Data Analysts & Data Translators. The Advanced Analytic Immersive Online Instructor Lead will deliver instruction from a remote location to students joining remotely alongside their co-instructor. The Instructor will partner with their co-instructors to deliver first-in-class education to GA students.
Our Advanced Analytic Immersive course is a life-changing educational experience where students leave with the skills & mindset to take on new careers in a wide variety of Data Analytics roles.
Why Be a Part of the Advanced Analytics Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know & love, this is the position for you. Through this unparalleled opportunity, you will:
- Deepen your own skills by guiding students through a rigorous journey where they begin as driven novices & leave as empowered data analysts & translators
- Contribute your own expertise to a deep & broad global curriculum maintained by a team of talented data analytics instructors across multiple industries
- Facilitate a supportive & energetic community that lasts well beyond the course
- Hone your own leadership skills by working with an instructional team & classroom community
As a member of the instructional team, you will not only impact the careers of your own students, but youll also have a unique opportunity to shape the potential of students on a global scale through contributions to our curriculum.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must Haves:
- 2+ years of professional data analytics experience.
- You are an expert in Excel, SQL, Tableau, Python, & Pandas
- You have domain expertise in data story telling, data visualization, & analysis.
- You have a deep understanding of statistical hypothesis testing & experimental design, data visualization techniques & tools (i.e. tableau, Power BI, etc), & manipulation of large data sets.
- You are the person your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, & trajectories of the newest generation of data analysts.
- Nice to haves:
- You are on top of industry trends in data analysis, data visualization, & big data.
- You have previous data analytics or visualization teaching experience, through a course, workshop, team training, etc.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Plan & implement a 9-week curriculum in conjunction with baseline materials & your instructional team.
- Deliver instruction 5 days a week, including teaching, advising, & content development.
- Work closely with your instructional team to provide students with meaningful & prompt feedback on their progress.
- Collaborate alongside GA staff in order to best meet the needs & learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through the development of real world projects that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic & collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning complex subjects.
- Contribute to the material & direction of an expanding global curriculum, ensuring the course remains cutting-edge & effective for students worldwide.
- Directing Others
- Technical Skills
- Motivating Others
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management
- Managing Diversity
General Assembly is a licensed school in all states that we operate in, & some states require instructors to be licensed to teach. If hired, you will be required to submit & be approved as an instructor in relevant states. Directions for becoming licensed will be shared with you during onboarding. Licensure requirements vary by state, but you may be required to provide academic transcripts & to answer questions pertaining to moral character, professional conduct, education, & work history. General Assembly will pay for all licensing fees