iCapital is powering the worlds alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, & banks evaluate & recommend bespoke public & private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $139 billion in global client assets invested in 1,116 funds, as of August 2022.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; & a two-time winner of MMI/Barrons Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is looking to hire a Senior Full Stack Engineer to work end-to-end on new features, enhancements, & defect resolution on one or more of iCapital's software platforms. This role will work closely with our Product Management team throughout the software development process, detailing requirements, reviewing work in progress, & addressing issues found in manual test efforts.
- Design & implement scalable client-side & server-side architecture while maintaining & enhancing existing platform services & features.
- Provide technical leadership to motivate & guide team members andmentor junior engineers
- Actively participate in daily stand-up meetings.
- Actively participate in Peer Code Reviews as part of our standard SDLC & Change.
- 8+ years progressively increasing software engineering experience
- 5+ years of Ruby on Rails development experience. Python or Scala would be good substitute if there if less experience in Ruby
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with modern JS frameworks such as React
- 2+ years of front end & back-end test automation development using RSpec, Cucumber, or similar
- 2+ year technical leadership & management experience
- Demonstrated understanding of relational database concepts & modeling practices
- Familiarity with cloud-based technologies K8S, AWS etc.
- Ability to work in an Agile / Kanban methodology
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group effort, as required
- Solid problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative approach to software development
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive total compensation program consisting of salary, equity for all full-time employees, annual performance bonus, & an employer matched retirement plan; generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, & virtual mental health counseling; unlimited paid time off (PTO) & parental leave.
We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three to four days a week, & remotely for the remainder of the week. Every department has different needs, & some positions will be designated in-office jobs or remote jobs based on their function.
This role offers a remote-first option. This position does include the ability to come to the office on an as-needed basis, to be determined by you & your manager. You must reside within a commutable distance to one of our Greater New York offices.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.