Location: New York, NY - Remote OK
Reports to: Christine Magee, VP Corporate Marketing
AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the worlds leading corporations & financial institutions. Leveraging AI & NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news & trade journals, & equity research. Founded in 2011 & backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors & Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
AlphaSense Marketing is a revenue & pipeline focused marketing team that encompasses demand generation, product marketing, corporate communications, PR / AR, brand, customer marketing, content marketing, & events. At our core, were here to support AlphaSenses growth, which we do by contributing to pipeline & revenue; developing a brand thats widely known to the markets we serve; & encouraging user engagement both within our product & with our brand.
About the Role:
Over the past six months, weve invested more than ever before in content marketing at AlphaSense: We significantly increased blog content output & quality, developed various interactive digital experiences, & launched a weekly newsletter on emerging market trends that now drives a meaningful percentage of pipeline. As a result of the success we've seen across these initiatives, we are now in a great place to bring in a leader of the Content Marketing function who will build on that foundation & take us to the next level.
Reporting to the VP Corporate Marketing, you'll be tasked with leveraging AlphaSense data to tell stories that add value to our audience, & as a result, drive demand generation & brand awareness in the market. As the Director of Content Marketing, you will be responsible for overseeing & improving our existing content programs, as well as developing & deploying a content marketing strategy with the help of a small but mighty team. You'll capitalize on the vast breadth of data within the AlphaSense platform to tell data-driven stories about current events, emerging trends, & market shifts to a growing audience of corporate & financial services professionals. We believe that this role -- & the content marketing function more broadly -- will have a massive impact on the business, & we're looking for the right leader to show us how it's done.
Who You Are:
- You are a stellar communicator with a love for data. You see AlphaSense as a gold mine of data-driven stories waiting to be shared through a variety of platforms.
- You thrive within a marketing team where demand gen is the core focus. You believe that great marketing begins with adding value, & you know how to balance creating great content & digital experiences with a need to drive pipeline & consistently demonstrate revenue impact.
- You are obsessed with the customer -- what they care about, what they fear, what they consume, & why they engage with us. While you have good instincts when it comes to testing new experiences, you rely on quantitative & qualitative feedback mechanisms to improve over time.
- You have a passion for using technology to create interactive content experiences & visualize data. You are excited to push the boundaries of the stories we can tell by leveraging our API.
- You have experience managing & coaching teams (or better yet, internal or external networks) of writers to scale content output while maintaining a high bar. Youre comfortable coaching domain experts to produce content that is in line with our goals.
- You have proven experience working in a startup environment where resources are limited & ambiguity is not so limited. You have a clear passion for building & you love moving quickly, but you also know that you must simultaneously build systems & processes that will scale.
What Youll Do:
- Develop a comprehensive content marketing strategy, in partnership with Demand Generation & Product Marketing, to support our pipeline goals & drive brand awareness.
- Oversee production of all content, including blog content, long-form guides & reports, digital experiences, & newsletter brands.
- Manage our fantastic Content Strategist, an SEO expert, & work hand-in-hand to optimize our blog & website & build a strong long-term organic search foundation.
- Oversee a nascent but growing contributor network of domain experts, & partner with Customer Marketing to incentivize users to create high-value content.
- Leverage AlphaSense data & the Search Feed API to create digital experiences that showcase the value of AlphaSense in a show, not tell way.
- Track & communicate content marketing goals & KPIs, as well as program metrics, with a focus on learning & improving over time.