CommonBond is the award-winning fintech company where people come first. Our approach is no big secret: lower rates, simpler options, & a world-class experience to support people throughout their student loan journey. Plus, every time we fund a degree we also pay for a childs education through our Social Promise. Since our launch in 2012, weve funded over $4 billion in student loans & weve helped our members save over $1 billion.
Creating a robust tech-powered organization is essential to our success. In joining our Software Engineering team, you can expect to have ownership over building new products, solving for challenges we face as a company, creating products that help people, & supporting an incredible social mission.
We are seeking a highly talented Full-Stack Engineer with entrepreneurial instincts, a strong sense of product, & a desire to build something from the ground up. This person will have the opportunity to impact all levels of our technology development & will influence our product development across the business.
The ideal candidate will have strong & demonstrated knowledge of design principles & usability & will be comfortable driving the user experience in collaboration with the rest of the team.
What youll be doing:
- Developing, testing, & optimizingapplications that serveourcustomers, partners, andinternal users.
- Collaborating with other engineers to break down large problems into a set of small,executable tasks.
- Working with a product team to understand requirementsandpriorities andcommunicating progress on execution & delivery.
- Owning the execution process with the rest of the engineering team, including documentation, reviews, & testing.
- Communicatingdelivered business value to stakeholders regularly.
- Influencing our identity as a tech organization throughinvolvement in guildsandbyholding yourselfand your peers accountable to our engineering principles.
- Designing & implementing web & mobile pages.
- What youll be working with:
- Testing stack information: Cucumber, Kotlin, Java, Selenium, Jenkins,Saucelabs
- More stack information:https://stackshare.io/companies/commonbond
- A team of passionate, curious, & innovative professionals
What youll bring:
- 6+ years hands-on experience in object-oriented design & development with exposure to working with databases
- Ability to work independently as well as function as an integral part of a team, take initiative & contribute in a fast-paced environment along with the ability to do quick prototypes
- Understanding of agile processes & the impact of self-organizing teams
- Appreciation for automated testing
- Excitement to write code that makes a difference
- An appetite for ongoing learning & growth & sharing knowledge with peers
- Experience with Event driven architecture is a plus
- Experience with React & Go is a plus
- Portfolio of work that ideally includes projects where you took the lead on the creation & implementation of the design
- Passionate about our mission to make students lives easier & disrupt finance in the process
- Ability to work in a complex environment & prioritize among competing demands
- Desire to collaborate with an extraordinary team & be part of true innovation
Our Engineering values:
- We believe that ideas are more important than technologies.
- We understand that the software we build has real-world consequences & take that responsibility seriously.
- We know that code isnt just a set of instructions for machines, but communication with other humans; style, elegance, & respect are important.
- We believe that an ability to balance paying off technical debt & rapidly completing a project contributes to the health of the codebase, engineering team, & organization.
You can work in our New York City HQ; or remotely from anywhere in the US (EST working hours). Due to the on-going pandemic of COVID-19, if you choose to work from our NYC HQ, it is likely that youll start working remotely.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminateon the basis ofrace, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.