WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration & workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, & we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market & define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We are looking for a passionate, proven senior communications expert to join our in-house international PR & Communications team in Tokyo.Box entered the Japanese market in 2013 (CONFIRM) & has enjoyed sustained growth in the region. This role will lead Japan's PR strategy to raise the level of conversation around Boxs growth, products, customers, & partnerships.Applicants should be creative, big thinkers, as well as strong strategists who are excited to help Box take on the enterprise software status quo through killer media relations campaigns & relationship building with customers, CIOs, & press.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead Box Japan'sComms/PRand ARstrategy, planning, & execution.
- Working with thelocal PR agency to maximize media relationships, speaking & award opportunities.
- Direct communication with media people to enhance relationships with them.
- Working directly with Analyst firms in order to make them understood correctly about Box & to leverage their reports & events.
- Work with Box Japan'sand Box HQs all stakeholdersto secure press, speaking & award opportunities for Japanmarket.
- Buildingcompelling messagesfor Box Japan & HQ executives through bylines, speaking & media relations campaigns.
- Workingwith Box Japan's marketing team to coordinate a strategically timed roadmap of integratedcampaigns including product launches & customer references etc.
- Strong English/Japanese written & verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of & enthusiasm for SaaS & cloud computing
- AA degree isrequiredandBA/BS degreepreferred
- Working withPR agency experienceispreferred
- Inspired by working with a fun, slightly wacky team in a fast-paced startup environment
- 7+ years communication experience, preferably in tech PR
- AR experience at IT industry is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see ourPersonnel Privacy Notice.