Head of Growth Marketing
MakeSpace is looking for a Head of Growth Marketing to help us continue monumental customer growth for an industry-disrupting market leader. We just raised $55 million in Series E funding to help make space more accessible to everyone with our full-service customer experience & full-featured technology products. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
Were looking for a multi-faceted Growth Marketing Lead to join our Marketing Team. Reporting to the SVP of Marketing, you will play a lead role in shaping & implementing the growth marketing strategy to drive new customer acquisition while obsessing over the metrics & delivering measurable results. You will focus on scaling our business through continued evolution & improvement of our paid marketing efforts. You should have hands-on experience developing, planning, launching & analyzing customer acquisition programs to drive sustainable & efficient CAC at scale.
You can expect to:
- Manage or help manage the Growth Marketing team with direct responsibility for performance marketing on paid search, paid social, SEO, affiliate, television, YouTube, direct mail, podcast, & other media channels.
- Oversee performance tracking & calibration on a daily basis to drive decision making around budget allocations & forecasts.
- Manage budgeting process for Growth marketing, including forecasting & ROI assessments.
- Support scaling existing channels & identify development of new opportunities for growth.
- Report on & analyze campaign performance to drive continuous improvement & testing.
- Partner with creative & brand marketing team members to develop strong messaging & storytelling for direct response ads.
- Serve as a senior Growth partner, collaborating with team members across Product, Finance, Strategy, Analytics, Brand Marketing, etc.
- Collaborate with the entire Marketing team to devise strategies on customer engagement & communication plans for promoting brand expansion projects.
- Help hire, coach, inspire & motivate any new acquisition team members to build a best-in-class marketing team.
- Establish & manage day in & day out testing-and-learning plans to continuously optimize media investment.
- Lead weekly, monthly & quarterly internal meetings; possess senior-level communication skills including synthesizing insights, calibrating to the correct audience, leading a room, steering a difficult conversation, & picking up on & adapting to sentiment.
- Keep up to date with & propose new acquisition channels, tools, & tactics.
- Provide regular updates on performance metrics & highlights to SVP of Marketing & others as required.
- Minimum of 8-10+ years of multi-channel direct response acquisition marketing experience, primarily at an e-commerce, subscription company, or similar agency experience directly managing a significant marketing budget.
- Experience managing but not limited to Facebook Ads, Google AdWords, Linear/OTT Television, Direct Mail, Podcast.
- Experience with attribution & mixed media models.
- Past success with analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions & adjusting strategy accordingly.
- Detailed-oriented, while maintaining the ability to see the overall picture & challenge the traditional path.
- Proven ability to work independently, juggle multiple priorities & complete responsibilities in a fast paced, change oriented environment.
- Goal-driven & passionate about exceeding goals.
- Excellent oral, written, & interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to get your point across in a succinct & professional manner.
- Convey a can-do, positive attitude towards tackling problems & are able to see other points of view, while maintaining a confident direction. Willing to roll up your sleeves & do what is necessary to get the job done.
- Ability to think strategically across the short, medium & long term, while obsessing over the details, & a love of investigating evolving media trends & technology to serve your brand.
- Thoughtful, collaborative leadership with strong communication skills & the ability to influence others.
- Highly data driven; affinity for driving testing strategies - ie., funnel analysis, AB/multivariate testing.
- Excellent managerial & mentoring skills, & a desire to develop & coach your direct reports.
- An interest in finding cross-functional solutions to drive positive customer experiences.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college/university.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future; ability to travel as necessary.
- A competitive base salary
- Generous PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts & Commuter benefits
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your close
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industryand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.