Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The SMB Customer Success Manager will primarily focus on increasing engagement & driving growth among our Small Business accounts on the CyberSource platform. The position will work closely with the Director of Customer Success to ensure appropriate communication flows to our merchants while improving business relationships. The primary goal is to retain & grow the relationships with these customers. There will also be a heavy focus on up-selling new products & growing revenue to achieve targets.
- Own revenue target for both retention & up-sell/growth for portfolio of SMB merchants
- Handle a high volume of inbound emails & phone calls. Evaluate the nature of the inquire & determine the appropriate response & course of action
- Organize, prioritize, & manage high volume account questions regarding account pricing overviews, up-sell opportunities, service overviews, high level technical inquiries
- Establish a strong working relationship with merchants & act as a resource for all aspects of the CyberSource platform
- Coordinate with Account Executive & Inside Sales for a proper hand-off of newly signed accounts & work with Customer Support to troubleshoot & ensure timely resolution of technical issues.
- Take initiative to develop skills by staying current on industry trends, product knowledge, competitive landscape, & new company developments
- Deliver on key business metrics including up-sell opportunities & revenue growth, profitability, & any at risk business.
- Collaborate within internal, cross-functional teams (e.g. marketing, customer support, financial operations, & legal) to deliver effective solutions to customers.
- Utilize forward thinking to implement creative ways to improve customer relationships & engagement strategies
- Negotiate pricing & contracts for up-sells & contract renewals.
- Analyze customer key performance metrics to deliver Business Reviews & make consultative recommendations to enhance merchant experience.
- Serve as an escalation point, both internally within the team, & with customers. Facilitate the resolution of issues, connecting customers with the right resources for assistance.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7+years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD. UR Only: MBA/ PhD degree without experience.
- Demonstrated passion for Customer Success & Relationship Management
- Demonstrated Account Management or Sales/Up-selling experience
- Ability to collaborate & work cross functionally with Sales, Customer Support, Marketing
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with customers & strong telephone, & written etiquette skills
- Strong financial acumen & salesmanship with the ability to think creatively
- Strong organization & time management skills
- A positive attitude while being hyper-organized & comfortable multi-tasking
- Experience based Issue Resolution skills that facilitate dialogue across multiple contacts
- Ability to deal with customers in a manner that shows sensitivity & tact
- Demonstrated knowledge of the bankcard industry including issuing, acquiring, transaction processing, eCommerce, Card Present, Card Not Present & ACH processing preferred but not required
- Experience working with systems such as Tableau & Salesforce
- Knowledge of referral & re-seller partner models
- Previous experience managing relationships with Fortune 1000 companies
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.