Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
As a Supply Buyer your responsibilities will include:
- Create & manage purchase orders based on demand changes for multiple sites
- Resolve material shortage issues. Perform shortage gap analysis to understand shortage gaps 4-5 weeks in advance
- Resolve receiving & accounts payable problem issues
- Create & maintain purchased part modifiers (lead time, cost, MOQ, supplier, lot sizing, safety stock etc.)
- Coordinate MRB supplier issues & corrective actions. Manage MRB aging targets per Guardant Health's goals
- Coordinate engineering change-order implementation with suppliers
- Review PPV monthly
- Actively manage contract manufacturers, share rolling forecasts, manage the right supply/safety stock levels to ensure quick turn around on changes
- Commodity / Supplier Management
- Select suppliers whose current & future capabilities meet Guardant Health's requirements
- Participate in supplier audits in assessing materials/capacity/production capabilities & overall business issues
- Managing key suppliers to strengthen relationship while ensuring continuity of supply & reducing business risks
- Understand & communicate lead times, capacities, technology & pricing trends to align Guardant Health to best-possible supply base
- Develop supplier scorecards. Conduct quarterly business reviews with all critical vendors. Review vendor technology roadmap, financial risk assessment
- Develop contingency plans in addressing sole source issues
- Leading supply agreement negotiations resulting in achieving favorable terms that mitigates business risks, protects Guardant Health's IP, & reduces product cost & inventory
- Lead corporate initiatives resulting in product cost savings strategies
- Work with management to address all aspects of commodity management, including procurement support, commodity business plans & strategies, market trends assessment, pricing, & product availability.
- Inventory turns improvement
- COGS & BOM reduction LT reduction
- Flexibility improvement within LT
- Reduce unfavorable PPV
- Past-due P.O.s, MRB aging/$ reduction
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- C.P.M. and/or C.P.I.M. preferred but not required
- 3-4 years related experience
- 3-4 years purchasing & inventory control experience including the management of strategic commodities & suppliers within a Biotech & turnkey environment
- Effective verbal & written communication, analytical & interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented
- Strong influencing & negotiating skills
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems, word processing, Microsoft Excel & Outlook required
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/