Zola is seeking an exceptional VP of Product to lead the team development, product vision, execution & product culture of the Product organization.
The ideal candidate will lead, manage & cultivate the product organization to deliver best-in class experiences & services to Zolas customers while executing against strategic business goals. You will drive product strategy & roadmap prioritization with key Business, Design, Engineering, & Marketing partners & stakeholders while ensuring the roadmap aligns with the overall Zola product vision.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of success at leading Product organizations, ideally at a tech or consumer startup. You are an analytical & creative thinker, able to toggle quickly between the big themes & the little details. You are willing to roll up your sleeves to dive into SQL, Google Analytics, & A/B Testing Platforms, & you can prove your ability to learn new systems & processes quickly. And you love working with kind, smart colleagues who share a commitment to putting the customer first!
Who We Are Looking For:
- A user oriented leader with experience shepherding a product portfolio in a fast-growing, consumer tech startup
- A collaborative, values-based leader with a proven track record of managing high-performance teams to always prioritize the things that will have the biggest impact on both the user & the business
- A team player who is an exceptional motivator & mentor
- A scrappy & creative thinker; an optimist
- A product oriented partner to cross-functional teams, who can prioritize, evaluate, & make decisions to benefit the overall business
- A data-driven & action-oriented hustler
- A business partner with a strong understanding of the many factors at play in the evolution of a new product; market & trend research & analysis, user experience testing, target marketing, positioning & strategy, & more
- A generous & kind human who can strategize & deliver while upholding Zolas mission & core values
- Develop, define, & execute the vision & strategy for a new innovative wedding planning product, including both the day to day operations & Zolas long-term plan
- Assess & identify opportunities & challenges in Zolas current wedding planning products, & product evolves; shepherd Zolas new product in partnership with the Product, UX, Design & Eng teams through its many stages while thinking ahead to secure its position in the market
- Partner with UX, Design & Engineering teams to bring innovative mobile, web & other digital products to Zola's audience
- Deeply understand the needs & pain points of our couples, guests & wedding vendors, to lead the Product team to be the informed voice of the user
- Work with the cross-functional product development teams to create fully integrated, end to end solutions on behalf of the user
- Establish, track, & interpret KPIs to diagnose current business trends & forecast future performance
- Collaborate with the Product, UX, Design, Marketing, BD, F+A, Operations & engineering teams to actualize business milestones in market; build processes & bring ideas to fruition that are possible & sustainable; know & understand the tech limits & possibilities
- Cultivate a goal-oriented environment for your team; manage & support your teams daily efforts to ensure their work is effective & aligned with Zolas mission
- Hire & partner with cross functional leads to fill open roles
- Partner with Customer Service to understand user feedback coming through that channel, & improve support experience for this product line
- Partner with Engineering team to ensure product & technology is being built in a way that is scalable, sustainable & reliable
- BA/BS; MBA strongly preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience in a fast paced environment working in growth, strategy, business operations, or a related field
- Must have experience working in a high-tech startup
- Exceptional business strategy & customer experience judgement
- Exceptional managerial experience
- Ability to build business relationships across functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize & manage competing tasks in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
Based in NYC & launched in October 2013, we have quickly become the fastest-growing wedding company in the United States. In 2017 we launched Zola Weddings, a free suite of wedding planning tools including wedding websites, checklist, guest list, & registry, all in one place.
We've raised over $140 million in financing, & we're proud to call Thrive Capital, Canvas Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Comcast Ventures, & Goldman Sachs, among others, our investors & partners. Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites & mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Amazon, Bloomingdales, Gap, J.Crew, Toys R Us, Chloe + Isabel, Yahoo, & Host Committee, among many others.