Eave, HomeLights mortgage subsidiary, is looking for its first Capital Markets Director to build & lead a secondary marketing, secondary sales & revenue maximization function even as Eave scales to $100 Million per month in loan production over the next year.
What does the Director, Capital Markets do?
Role will start off fairly hands on, responsible for all things secondary execution for a young mortgage originator. With growth, this role is responsible for building a team to manage the secondary function with the following responsibilities
- Assessing short & long-term funding needs & ensuring those needs are met & liquidity is adequate
- Managing the loan production pipeline to ensure loans are produced, shipped, & delivered in an efficient manner
- Establishing & managing relationships with GSEs & FHA, Banks & Real Estate Investment Trusts buying whole loans such
- Managing all aspects of pricing, loan locking, & delivery - daily mortgage pricing, best efforts pipeline including lock requests, reconciliations & extensions. Shipping & purchase of closed loan packages
- Coordinates & executes all aspects of bulk loan sales including pool creation, due diligence requests, closing & funding & post-sale servicing.
What is Eave?
Eave, a wholly owned subsidiary of HomeLight, is rebuilding the $10 trillion mortgage industry from first principles. We allow creditworthy homebuyers to bid on & buy a home as if they were a cash buyer. We rebuilt all of mortgage origination, underwriting, & funding in our full-stack, automated software platform. This software means that both our user experience & products offered are worlds better than the industry standard. Our platform is simple, understandable & intuitive, saving homebuyers, (and loan production staff + underwriters) weeks of frustration. At the same time, our offered products save homebuyers thousands of dollars.
Who You Are
- You have at least 5 years experience in secondary marketing at a non-bank mortgage lender or bank mortgage lending divisions
- You have an intuitive understanding for mortgage credit risk, liquidity risk & interest rate risk. You use this understanding to differentiate between processes that matter & processes that dont
- You understand underwriting, closing/funding & post-closing operations very well having worked closely with those functions previously
- You care deeply about improving your own quality of life at work & believe technology & elegant design makes everyones lives easier
- You consistently surface errors & mistakes before loan consummation
- You thrive in environments that are constantly moving & changing & adapt processes & systems to easily handle the changes
- Your colleagues describe you as a joy to work with
- You have a great reputation among capital partners & production colleagues
What You Will Accomplish at Eave
- Grow revenue margins to top tier secondary execution benchmarks
- Scale expansion of eligibility & program footprint to cover any able & willing borrower
- Work effectively with select capital market partners that align with Eaves borrower-centric operational principles & develop deeply resilient relationships with them
- Set new industry benchmarks in secondary execution
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA
This role reports into our President, Eave / HomeLight Home Loans