Boxed is the easiest & modern way to shop for bulk goods. As a mobile-first company, customers can shop directly from Boxeds app on their iOS or Android mobile device, or online at www.Boxed.com. With Boxed, customers can have their household, personal care, & pantry favorites delivered conveniently to their home or office.
Our office is a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals. A technology company at core, we are a vibrant, fun & close group of engineers, designers, marketers, & operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers.
We are looking for a high-performing Junior Accountant who can thrive in a fast-paced & high-growth organization. The ideal candidate will possess a natural ability to build relationships across the organization in order to improve processes, streamline operations & ensure accurate, timely & relevant financial reporting. This opportunity has strong upside & the ability to expand along with the companys growth.
- Assist with the month-end close process with specific focus on the analysis, reconciliation, & footnote support of fixed assets & capital & operating leases, ensuring the process is well documented & supported
- Maintain all fixed asset, intangible asset, capital lease, & operating lease sub-ledger schedules, including depreciation & amortization of fixed assets
- Ensure proper classification of expenses as capital or period & maintain supporting documentation for all capitalized assets
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy & timeliness of invoice creation & entries
- Perform accounts receivable functions including invoicing customers & applying payments to customer accounts, reconciling customer accounts, managing the AR reserve, & generating & reviewing AR aging reports
- Manage sales tax collection & payment process, including account reconciliation
- Assist with inventory reconciliations, resolving pricing & counts discrepancies & receiving reconciliations
- Work with business stakeholders to improve accuracy & timeliness of invoice receipts & payments
- Assist in defining company accounting policies, ensuring compliance with those policies & training stakeholders on the policies
- Play a key role in helping to streamline, automate, & continuously improve processes & internal controls as we build out our financial systems to support our growth
- Assist with implementation of new financials systems, train relevant team members & help resolve technical problems
- Ad-hoc special projects & financial analysis related to accounting operations function, as needed.
- Approximately 2-4 years of accounting experience with E-commerce or inventory-based experience highly preferred
- A strong work ethic with high integrity & ethical standards
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, & financial reporting
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving & constantly evolving high growth environment
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong problem solving skills.
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits.