What do we do?
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the worlds first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students & teachers across the world. If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
The Cloud Operations team:
The Cloud Operations (CloudOps) team is a key pillar of TpTs platform engineering team that works collaboratively across the company to enable reliable & secure services, & reduce the time to market for innovation through infrastructure & security automation. CloudOps is responsible for the infrastructure that powers TpTs marketplace & digital services that are used by millions of educators & students around the world. WIth this responsibility, the team works closely with developers across all of TpTs products to ensure the underlying platform is fault-tolerant, scalable & secure. As experts in databases & operations, the team also provides expertise during troubleshooting & incidents. The ideal candidate for the CloudOps team is continuously on the hunt for improvements to infrastructure & security, opportunities to reduce toil for the team, & new tools & practices to meet the challenges of a dynamic Ed-Tech company.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Cloud Operations team, youll be entrusted to design, implement & operate platform functions such as securing data that span or impact a broad range of the technical stack. In addition to being a contributor to TpTs developer platform you will help unblock & level-up teammates by mentoring & pairing with other engineers. Finally, you will help shape TpT Engineering direction by identifying & driving the adoption of new technology & process improvements.
- Drive delivery of cloud-based infrastructure & security solutions that allow our engineers to quickly build products without needing to be experts at all levels of the stack.
- Work cross-functionally to define, scope & prioritize projects that focus on developer & operational needs
- Create reproducible cloud infrastructure using modern technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Packer, & Chef.
- Proactively identify platform features that will improve operations & developer experience, minimize toil, & reduce errors.
- Utilize a suite of security tools such as WAFs, IDS/IPS & vulnerability scanners to protect our data & systems.
- Take part in an on-call rotation that supports critical infrastructure & services that TpT products rely on.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Is endlessly curious about technology, automation & iterative development practices
- Capable of delivering solutions as part of a platform used by engineers to build services with varied workloads
- Deep experience with one or more cloud providers
- Experience with container lifecycle management & orchestration such as Helm & Kubernetes
- Understands networking concepts such as HTTP and DNS & is able to work with engineers to debug challenges throughout the network stack.
- Is up to date with security best practices for web based applications & APIs
- 4+ years of experience developing & supporting scalable & reliable web applications & APIs
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.