PhD & Masters University Grad Position-
Our company vision is to amplify human potential. Our mission is to deliver enterprise a powerful tool for transformationan augmented reality platform of great utility & simplicity. Achieving our goals requires passion & dedication. Thats why were committed to building & empowering a diverse team of incredibly talented people & fostering an inclusive culture through our values of unity, innovation, & user centricity.
Magic Leap is looking for PhD, Master, or Bachelor students to join our team for a 3 month Summer Program for Underrepresented Students in Engineering. In partnership with STEM departments at Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs), Women In Engineering Institutions, & broader universities we are committed to empowering & elevating diversity of thought, experience, & background in our workforce & in our pipeline of future researchers!
You will need to go into our office regularly in Plantation, Florida. (Near Miami/Ft. Lauderdale)
The Manufacturing Engineering team in Magic Leap is looking for a motivated & committed Manufacturing engineer Intern. The person will participate in process improvement activities using best in class manufacturing practices, six sigma, & lean manufacturing methodology in a cleanroom type manufacturing environment.
Under the supervision of your manager & mentor, some projects & job responsibilities could include:
- Participation in Gemba walks & identification of wastes
- Working in cross functional teams to lead improvements in: Safety, Quality, Delivery and/or Cost
- Use of the Six Sigma DMAIC methodology & tools to identify, baseline, & demonstrate improvements in the business
- Participation in 6S (5S + Safety) activities
- Drafting layouts in AutoCAD
- Line Balancing
- Data collection & Analysis through the use of Time Studies
- Presentation of projects to higher management
- Must be confident in a highly dynamic & creative environment
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, & analytical skills; able to manage priorities & workflow
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects & meet deadlines
- Awareness of Lean Manufacturing & Six Sigma
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Class standing of Sophomore, Junior, or Senior
- Nice to have : Experience with AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
- Pursuing a BS or MS in Industrial / Manufacturing engineering