Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local there are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. & Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart & Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, & machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 150,000 local retailers & 15,000 brands around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools & insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box & ecommerce giants. Were looking for smart, resourceful & passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
About the role
This role is an exciting opportunity to work with the early team for Faire Europe. We are looking for an ambitious International Operations Specialist who can manage the onboarding & content experience of Faires International brands. You will be critical during this foundational stage of our team, & instrumental in improving the overall platform experience for our U.K. & E.U. brands. In this role, you will focus on improving the onboarding experience, managing the day-to-day operations, & streamlining catalog management initiatives. You will be directly contributing to the companys success by growing our supply of quality products & will partner closely with our International Sales & Success Managers to help scale the International Faire customer solution.
This job is located in the US but our European headquarters will eventually be in London. While we are currently remote due to Covid-19, we are seeking candidates who are based in the U.S., Canada OR who are willing to relocate upon our eventual return to the office (timing to be determined).
What you'll do
- Make it your mission to create an exceptional experience for our International brands from onboarding to ensure they are set up for long-term success on our platform.
- Serve as the go-to resource for brand onboarding & content needs for our internal International team members.
- Clean up & optimize brand pages prior to activating to improve the quality of their shop, photos, product descriptions, tagging, & product names.
- Manage content requests including but not limited to catalog quality checks & bulk data entry against established Service Level Agreements.
- Partner with International Sales & Success stakeholders to help project manage against customer implementation plans & ensure the successful transition of accounts.
- Communicate customer requests, account priorities, & product feature rollouts to Faires European Business Process Outsourcing Partner to ensure brands have a higher quality experience.
- Monitor International brand compliance on the platform & handle any issues related to platform abuse.
- Help advocate customer use-cases, proactively identify customer product needs & review & write customer-facing enablement materials.
- Work cross-functionally to develop & streamline workflows to increase scalability & efficiency to better service our International brands.
- Regularly review onboarding pipeline activities at scale to identify lags & opportunities for improvement & report out to the broader International team.
- Bachelors degree & 2+ years of Customer Service, Operations, or Account Management experience
- You have customer presence & are able to quickly earn trust & respect
- A high level of energy, motivation, initiative, commitment, & professionalism
- You are excited about building relationships, particularly with small businesses
- You are results & systems-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- You are data-savvy. You can measure the performance of your brands & understand levers to improve the customer experience
- You are excited to join the early Europe team & can operate in a fast-growth, high-potential environment with constant change
- You are empathetic & have the ability to take initiative in doing the right thing for the customer
- You are a team player & are resilient in the face of challenges, ambiguity, change
Nice to have
- Fluency in English & at least 1 other language of French, German, Italian, Spanish (third language preferred)
- Related industry experience with a background in technology & e-commerce ecosystems
- Experience with excel & managing large data sets