As a result of our global expansion & the network effects that we are seeing with our partners globally we are hiring a Business Development Manager to support our new Partner Led Sales initiative, which is making global trade easier for our Partners & their local clients. This role will work in a cross-functional environment between Flexports Network Partners, their clients, as well as internal teams to help establish a new way for Flexport to grow exponentially all around the world! This role has the potential to bring extensive impact to the organization by establishing processes & initiatives that are scalable across numerous geographies.
The right person for this role will be a proactive, creative, true problem-solver, & a teacher at heart. You will be one of the founding members of this new business & have the ability to shape it & scale the initiative out globally. Due to the nature of the role you will also have substantial senior leadership visibility & be asked to go above & beyond what you would do in a regular BD role. If this sounds like something that excites you, then we want to hear from you as we will be looking for someone ASAP!
- In close collaboration with Partners GMs & sales leadership, define joint growth plan, strategies (target clients, segments, lanes, etc.), & commercial metrics & KPIs
- Review commercial performance & funnel against agreed upon plans
- Empower & enable our Partners' sales teams on selling Flexport, through mix of 1-1 engagement, training (remote & onsite), self-service resources, etc., incl.:
- Flexport Value Proposition & Brand Promise (Technology, Global Buying Power, Local Presence, Global Standardization)
- Flexports Global Capabilities (Asia, US, EU, etc)
- Flexport Client platform & functionalities available to their clients
- Flexport Trade & Financial Services products such as Customs, Insurance, Capital, & Order Management
- Build client & market facing resources for our Partners clients to source help close more business & drive stickiness of Flexport
- Build playbooks for our Partners to ramp up their AEs quickly & drive success
- Engage with Partners customers when necessary & be Flexport expert in the room for SMB or small Enterprise clients; provide leads & introductions from existing network where relevant; & assist Partners in closing deals as required
- Design & drive joint campaigns & pilots with Partners sales team to drive Flexport business, increase client adoption of Flexport technology, & increase attach rates of Flexport TFS products
- Potentially, create LATAM focused marketing initiatives (e.g. online campaigns, events) together with Partners & Flexport Marketing team
- Design & iterate pricing & profit share models, drive win-win growth
- Cross-collaborate with our TL teams on air & ocean to drive success & understand market realities that should inform our growth strategies
- Be Flexports expert on local market nuances & opportunities, inform localization requirements of Flexport product suite & technology platform
- Create the playbook of commercial strategies to scale PLS to other parts of the globe & begin to define how we identify potential markets & customers to expand into
- Help identify other key market opportunities, such as GKA or special projects with Partners, & escalate & involve senior management to close deals
You should have:
- 5-10 years of experience
- Fluent Spanish and/or Portuguese skills & professional experience required
- An Entrepreneurial mindset, ability to innovate, & willingness to challenge the status quo
- Proven track record in selling logistics services; ideally within LATAM region
- Builder mindset: ability to set objectives & targets, define strategies, & get hands dirty
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, cross-collaborative, & organizational skills, able to connect within Partner organizations at multiple levels
- Strong background or appetite for driving enablement to achieve the organization's overall goals; working with & through (not around) our Partners sales teams
- Able to strongly communicate & align stakeholders on Flexports Proposition value & vision
- Client-centric: obsessed with client outcomes, doing what it takes to deliver the clients expectations, understanding your Partners clients current & future business goals & challenges & translating those into relevant solutions & strategic account planning
- Deeply curious: always working to understand the clients needs & learn how Flexport can best meet them
- Next-level attention to detail: enjoy combing through the metrics & details to identify opportunities to improve internally or better manage the client relationship
- Strong business acumen & presentation skills
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success. At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.