ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced, motivated, hands-on, high-potential financial professional to join our growing, evolving Accounting & Finance team at Peloton. This position will be a key member of the financial leadership team reporting to the SVP, Chief Accounting Officer (CAO). This person will manage/lead a group of 20+ accounting professionals responsible for the accounting of all revenue streams, & related inventory & cost of goods/services sold.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on, collaborative, team-oriented, mentor/leader who will be responsible for managing the design & execution of scalable & dynamic policies, processes, & systems that address risk management & efficient transaction processing while ensuring accounting is in accordance with US GAAP. We need a collaborative, nimble, agile, humble, high-potential accounting professional who has a pragmatic approach that can drive change & has the desire/ability to expand not only the scope of the position but, with time, be promotable to another high-potential visible role within the company.
The Vice President will possess excellent communication & relationship building skills as they work as an effective financial business partner across the organization. This position, which will be located at Peloton HQ in New York City, will be a critical addition to the CAO team as this person will be expected to work closely to help drive the vision, strategy, & culture of the group. The VP will work on multiple projects & be responsible for developing & maintaining effective communication with multiple business partners. The Vice President will also be involved in other Accounting/Finance activities & special projects as needed. Primary responsibilities of this position will include but not be limited to the following:
- Oversee, manage, lead & add consistent, valuable thought leadership regarding segment/business unit revenue reporting, cost of goods sold, gross margin as well as inventory valuation/control for the connected fitness & subscriptions segments. Understand, evaluate & improve the design, implementation, & execution of scalable & effective systems & processes.
- Partner closely with various operational functions, ensuring that business needs are met while ensuring efficiency & accuracy of accounting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Leverage experience & knowledge to assist with the design, implementation, & execution of scalable, efficient, & GAAP-compliant processes & related systems. Help lead, manage, & drive an ERP implementation with the CAO & other stakeholders.
- Manage all aspects of the month-end close process as it pertains to segment reporting, revenue recognition, & gross margin. Work closely with the FP&A team & other groups in providing key information & metrics.
- Ensure strong internal controls & make recommendations to improve financial operations to drive best practices. Ensure compliance with SOX as well as other financial pronouncements/disclosures.
- Act as a key team leader to foster growth & innovation mindset & continuously work to build, lead & mentor a strong team in an ever-changing environment.
- Anticipate changes required in order to continue to support the business with efficient & scalable processes.
- As a key operational finance leader in the accounting group, proactively participate in the overall leadership/management of the accounting & finance department.
- This is a high-visibility position & the position will evolve & expand as the company continues to grow & change. This position will provide additional responsibilities & opportunities for the right candidate.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field.
- Active CPA license in good standing preferred.
- 12+ years of relevant experience most recently in a similar accounting operations leadership/management position, preferably in a public company. Prior Big 4 experience is highly preferred.
- Prior manufacturing, retail, or distribution experience within a high-growth company is strongly preferred. Experience with inventory, cost of goods sold along with gross margin accounting is essential.
- Systems experience with ERP implementation, including design & implementation of inventory costing & supply chain processes.
- Strong background/understanding of SAP & NetSuite is highly preferred.
- Must have a strong understanding & application of US GAAP, with specialization/experience in revenue recognition & costing.
- Prior Business to Consumer & Business to Business experience.
- Be comfortable & have experience functioning in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with ambiguity & changing priorities. Must be able to be nimble & pivot quickly/easily.
- Must have a proven track record of effective communication at all levels across the entire organization, with a high level of self-awareness when it comes to the effectiveness of their own communication & an ability to lead through influence. Someone who is humble leads by example & is a strong collaborator.
- Prior knowledge & experience regarding effective financial system design & configuration of financial systems in order to support a rapidly growing & internationally expanding organization preferred.
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently & collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Prior experience with driving change through recommending & implementing process improvements for the overall team which drives consistency & standardization of process/procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization. Ability to effectively communicate clear & concise ideas both verbally & in writing,
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; the ability to proactively identify & prevent potential problems.
- Ability to work well under pressure & effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands & appropriately prioritize responsibilities. Demonstrate strong leadership/mentorship across the Accounting group.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, & Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, & best-in-class fitness experts & Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, & so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer & committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Peloton has a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health & well-being of our employees & customers globally. All employees based in the U.S. & Canada are required to provide proof of vaccination, unless the employee has a Peloton-approved reasonable accommodation or as otherwise required by law.