--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're organized, creative & resourceful. You're energized by complex new challenges & the opportunity to solve them & create lasting impact for the organization.
Youre skilled in managing processes & identifying areas of opportunity to help improve organization & efficiency. Youre able to develop effective & thoughtful solutions & leverage technology as a way to solve problems.
As our Legal Operations Associate, you'll report to the General Counsel & play a key role in helping shape the Legal Department at Dataminr now & in the future.
- Manage Legal Department intake, processes, procedures & workflow, including maintenance of contract management system
- Work with internal & external parties in drafting, negotiating & processing a broad range of contracts, amendments, NDAs & other legal documents
- Assist with legal escalations including responding to inquiries from internal business stakeholders regarding legal guidelines, policy inquiries, & contract-specific questions
- Proactively design & implement strategic & effective solutions & improvements across the Legal Department, including identifying, assessing & implementing new processes & technology solutions to help scale & increase cross-functional efficiencies
- Provide support to & assist with project management
- Liaise with specialist teams (such as Human Resources & Marketing) on legal projects as needed
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2-5 years of contracting, operations and/or project management experience in an in-house legal department or law firm
- Previous exposure to legal documents, concepts, workflows, & responsibilities of lawyers
- Superior organizational skills & attention to detail are absolutely critical
- Demonstrated program and/or project management experience with the ability to collaborate effectively with other teams
- Tech savvy & proficient with technology applications & productivity software
- Exceptional time management & problem solving skills, including ability to think quickly & be resourceful
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team
- Strong, clear, & concise verbal & written communication skills
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave & 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.