Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Primarily the architecture, engineering, deployment & support of MySQL database environment.
Support Database Platform Engineering in the architecture, development & deployment of MySQL Database on LUW in high SLA environments. This includes, but is not limited to, advanced to expert engineering & implementation of the following:
- Manage, support & maintain database technology & infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines & policies.
- Database administration for off the shelf & internally developed applications, ensure continuous 24x7 operation & availability in support of mission critical business applications & participating in on-call rotation.
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade & maintain MySQL databases in production & non-production environments.
- Support local/across the DC failover with High Availability Disaster Recovery environment with MySQL native Replication. Participate in Database Maintenance & DR activities.
- Write/maintain OS level scripts for DB automation & application maintenance.
- Provide technical expertise & hands-on support in consolidation & migration of databases to new hardware & platforms.
- Physical implementation of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions, replication, & disaster recovery solutions.
- Proactive & reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting & resolution of escalated Level 2 & Level3 issues.
- Regular database capacity planning related to database growth & system utilization, trend analysis, predictive future database resource requirements, & the structured organized reporting of the same.
- Work closely with other Infrastructure engineering, product development, business operations, & technical operations to ensure delivery of database services within the SLA's & performance targets.
- Adapt business requirements, model data, & develop database specifications, table & element attributes.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection & implementation of DBA tools to improve the effectiveness of tasks such as performance monitoring & tuning, recovery, & database change management processing.
- Ability to work well as a team & as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information technology field is a must.
- 5-7 years of DBA experience, managing MySQL databases, Versions 5.5 & onwards
- 3-4 years of MySQL Replication experience, managing complex replication topology
- InnoDB Cluster Experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of MySQL database fundamentals
- Strong understanding of MySQL Native Replication fundamentals
- Strong understanding of MySQL database security management
- Should have strong UNIX platform skills & understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments & security.
- Proficiency in writing SQL procedures & functions for administration & application support
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, Shell scripting, Perl/Python scripting is a plus
- Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems & database environment issues.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business & customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Work experience in a Financial Institut e will be preferred.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.