Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
As Senior Associate, Affiliate Marketing, you will become a key player in accelerating the growth of our subscriber base. You will be responsible for managing & scaling our partner marketing channel creating & nurturing relationships with affiliates & influencers, publishers, & podcast hosts/networks.
The right candidate is highly motivated in a performance-based role & thrives on the opportunity to make a direct impact on customer acquisition velocity. You will work closely with the broader marketing team to ensure communications maintain the Codecademy voice & are consistent with other paid channels. Familiarity with edtech/online education is not required, but is a plus! This role reports to the Director of Paid Marketing.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Manage existing relationships with affiliate platforms/tools, influencers, & publishers
- Actively recruit & onboard new & high quality paid partners
- Evaluate & activate podcast advertising as an evergreen tactic, working closely with Creative & Analytics counterparts
- Maintain tracking of all placements & optimize allocations based on efficiency metrics
- Routinely interpret spend relative to acquired users & retention to ensure profitable growth
- Provide regular insight into performance & give recommendations on how to maximize returns
- Serve as the main point of contact for select vendors and/or agencies
- Collaborate across the marketing team to align on GTM launches & communication plans
WHAT YOULL NEED:
- 2-4 years of performance marketing experience, with at least 1 year focused on affiliate and/or influencer marketing
- Hands-on experience with affiliate & influencer oversight: recruitment, communication, establishing commission rates, tracking, etc.
- Analytically minded & comfortable managing a budget against performance goals
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities under tight deadlines
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Previous startup experience
- Experience working with a subscription service
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.