At mParticle, we are seeking a highly competent & ambitious individual to build core expertise in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) within our fast growing finance function. We are a high growth SaaS startup with an outstanding reputation, stellar enterprise customers, & the backing of top tier venture capital investors.
The FP&A Analyst or Manager will report to the CFO. He/she is accountable for identifying, analyzing & reporting on metrics that truthfully reflect business performance; driving a rigorous budgeting & forecasting process; & advising senior management on the financial implications of strategic & operational activities.
- Develop financial analyses & forecasts in both Excel & financial planning tools to guide strategic & resource allocation decisions for the company
- Generate & communicate insights about business performance via monthly & quarterly variance analysis
- Partner with & build strong relationships with business partners across the organization
- Translate analytics to actionable insights. Work closely with team leaders to develop & translate financial forecasts & operational metrics into actionable guidance that assists with decision making
- Proactively identify areas for business improvement & produce persuasive, data-driven arguments to support good decisions
- Support the development, reporting & benchmarking of key corporate operational metrics
- Independently manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment with a high level of precision
- Become an expert in SaaS metrics, apply it to our context, & infuse metrics-centric thinking to our business units
- 4+ years in investment banking, private equity, consulting or FP&A
- Undergraduate BS/BA
- Mastery over Excel especially in financial modeling, reporting & using advanced functionality
- Exceptional attention to detail - can deliver output quickly & to very high accuracy levels
- Experience in data analytics with demonstrated ability to identify trends & patterns in data
- Hustle youll be working on numerous projects at once & identifying many more that can help the organization
- Top notch communication skills - you will be presenting to C-level & VP level frequently
- Supremely collaborative - you will regularly collaborate with senior business leaders for budgets, variance analysis, P&L metrics, retention analysis, compensation plans, investor reports, etc.
- Experience with Salesforce, Netsuite, Adaptive Insights, Zuora, Looker & similar tools a plus
Compensation & Benefits
This position is at our headquarters near the lively Union Square in New York City. We offer a competitive salary along with stock options, excellent benefits, subsidized gym memberships, unlimited vacation, flexible hours, office meals, generous parental leave benefits, frequent team outings & a beautiful office full of smart, humble, mature & fun co-workers. If youre a hip-hop music fan youll love the vibe in our office. For pet lovers, we offer an outstanding pawternity leave policy.
Founded in 2013, mParticle is the leading customer data platform that unlocks the full power of data for businesses. The company empowers brands to accelerate their growth strategy to keep pace with their customers by providing the most advanced data platform for web & apps across all devices in the marketplace. A trusted partner among renowned brands such as NBC Universal, Airbnb & Spotify among many others, the mParticle platform has grown to manage over 1 billion mobile users each month, capturing over $5 billion in ecommerce transactions & processes over 250 billion API calls. The company has raised $75 million from reputed institutional venture capital investors including Bain Capital Ventures, Google Ventures, Bowery Capital, Social Capital & Harmony Partners. Recognized as one of Crains 100 Best Places to Work three years in a row & named to Gartners Cool Vendors in Mobile App Development list, mParticle has over 120 employees & is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Seattle, Florida & London.