At Vimeo, we love designing & engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work on professional-grade distribution tools for creators & have the opportunity to do way more than write code.
Were a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, & is driven by careful attention to detail & planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective & experience are key to building great technology & believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, & one another.
What youll do:
- Help us build & scale our Payments platform, which is powering all purchases of Vimeo products & services & payments to creators for content sold in our marketplaces, or our Upload API, which powers over 100k+ uploads daily including traffic from our mobile apps, 3rd party integrations & our public developer API
- Collaborate closely with our Product & Engineering teams to move key projects from conception to launch
- Define & iterate on our architectural roadmap to enable rapid iteration & long term stability
- Improve our tooling to identify & debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack
- Mentor other engineers on the team to aid in their technical growth
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Can design & implement systems with clarity, reusability, testability, & scalability in mind
- Extensive experience with at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Python, Go, Java, Ruby, Node, etc)
- An intimate knowledge of relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc) & data modeling techniques
- Capable of writing tests for complex systems to ensure continued & measurable stability
- Can collaborate respectfully & effectively with both technical & non-technical teams
- Great planning skills, able to break down large projects into milestones & identify risks & dependencies
- Have a good eye for details; you catch bugs frequently & can provide meaningful feedback on the technical complexity of proposed solutions
- Experience mentoring more junior members of your teams
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Experience developing with Restful APIs
Vimeo is the worlds leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, & organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate & communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs