About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a passionate, analytical, & detail-oriented Manager of Innovation Strategy to join the Innovation + Operations team! The Innovation + Operations team operationalizes the Daily Harvest mission from conception to delivery. We source ingredients & build supply chains, ideate on new recipes, create sustainable packaging solutions, ensure food safety, & instill production capabilities that benefit our customers, our partners, & our planet. All of this is done to ensure on-time, high-quality deliveries & a seamless experience for our customers.
This role reports to the Director of Innovation Strategy. The Innovation Strategy team drives culinary innovation strategy & owns the portfolio roadmap. As a member of this team, you will be an expert in representing our customer in all decision-making from ideation to concept creation to post-launch, partnering with internal stakeholders to dream up our future portfolio. You will play a critical role in establishing replicable processes to support our culinary innovation launches & ongoing portfolio optimization. This position is a highly cross-functional role & requires the ability to think strategically while tactically executing on details needed to bring culinary innovations to life.
What youll do:
- Stay current with food industry trends, competitors, & insights.
- Build recommendations on what we make & why - conduct market research, identify white space opportunities, & advocate for our customers.
- Drive the ideation phase of new launches, including working with Data, Customer Research, Commercialization, & Culinary teams to ensure the timely execution of learning plans.
- Collaborate with Culinary & Innovation Marketing to develop integrated go-to-market launch plans.
- Manage & optimize performance of new products & categories once they're in the market, working with Research & Care Teams to build insights around customer needs.
- Closely monitor & optimize the health & performance of our culinary portfolio.
- Present strategy recommendations to Innovation + Operations leadership team.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent applicable experience; 4-6 years of innovation strategy, business strategy, product management, and/or category management experience
- Passionate about shaping the future of the food industry
- Analytical + intuitive. You easily spot trends, build insights from research, & can translate into actionable recommendations -- Looker experience is a plus!
- A creative problem solver with a strong bias to action. You thrive in ambiguity.
- Collaborative, communicative, & organized team player
- A natural leader with a knack for influencing without authority
- Excellent oral, written, & interpersonal communication skills
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.