What is Oscar?
Oscar is a new kind of health insurance company. Were using technology, data, & design to revolutionize healthcare Weve brought together a talented team that is passionate about helping people navigate the complex & confusing healthcare industry. Oscar is dedicated to offering a simpler & more human health insurance experience - our Provider Relations team is critical in achieving that mission by solving complex providers issues.
What is the role?
The Provider Relations Specialist sources information both from within the company, & externally from our Network Partners to help support the team with issue resolution. The Specialist runs point on tracking & trending issues & coordinating them with relevant departments & management, as needed.
On a daily basis youll:
- Gather & update content/workflows for the team
- Support a team of Provider Relations representatives
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure comprehensive & efficient resolution of issues within stated deadlines
- Conduct provider outreach on sensitive issues to educate, investigate, advocate & build/maintain positive relationships with our network of healthcare providers
- Assist and/or lead special projects to improve team processes that ensures thoughtful & efficient growth as Oscar expands to new products & geographies
Who are you?
- You are resourceful & enjoy solving complicated problems
- You are energized by helping people & seeing the positive impact of your efforts
- You have excellent interpersonal communication skills & can effectively distill complex concepts into high-level summaries
- You are diligent & self-motivated
- You respond to challenges with patience, empathy, & tenacity
- You are self-aware & are comfortable giving & receiving feedback
- You have intermediate or advanced computer literacy skills
Other desired qualifications
- A bachelors degree or equivalent
- Prior healthcare or customer service experience
Pay Transparency statement: Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Equal Opp Employer statement: At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Disability/Accommodation: Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.