Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about staying on top of the latest IT trends & have an excellent knack supporting internal employees.
We are looking for an entry-level IT Support Specialist to support our internal IT users. Reporting to the Manager of IT, the IT Support Specialist will work to assist our employees with a high level of customer service & grow your IT skills & knowledge with us. This role provides an exciting opportunity to work at a high-growth, fast-paced cloud infrastructure startup where youll be able to wear multiple hats & directly see the impact you are making day-to-day. This role is expected to be located in the Denver area & working in MST hours.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Participate as point of contact for desktop support issues & network troubleshooting
- Manage presentations for company-wide events & larger remote meetings
- Installation & upgrade of IT supported tools & security software
- Purchase of computers, peripherals, & other devices
- Work closely with our Employee Experience team to onboard new employees & ensure everyone has what they need to perform at their highest level
What Well Expect From You:
- A strong customer-first mindset
- Willingness to learn & continuously improve your skills
- Familiarity using the Google App Suite
- Basic understanding in both Mac OS & Windows operating systems, with a focus on diagnostic & analytical skills
- Ability to work in various office IT environments with minimum supervision & manage your time carefully
- A pleasant demeanor & the ability to communicate in user-friendly language
- Ability to lift, carry, & move all components of network equipment, peripherals, & other ancillary equipment - Lift a minimum of 50Lbs
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Security #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Security team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!