SchoolCare's mission is to improve children's health with technology that efficiently connects schools, families, & healthcare providers. Our solution builds off of our school-centered digital health platform, enabling HIPAA & FERPA-compliant digital health charting, chronic disease management, & immunization compliance reporting. The SchoolCare team is working hard to drive improved health outcomes for American public schools districts through health technology & preventative care.
About the role:
Love programming? Want to lead an engineering team working on exciting projects dedicated to keeping millions of children healthy? SchoolCare is hiring a Director of Engineering to lead a collaborative team of thoughtful, friendly engineers driven by SchoolCare's mission.
- Create, support, & enhance new & existing features
- Build & maintain our highly available, reliable & scalable systems
- Lead & mentor a team of engineers to get projects delivered
- Actively contribute to the vision & culture of the engineering team
- Cover critical code with automation & testing
- Work on our CI/CD automation
- Participate in grooming meetings, shaping the future of the product
Qualities we're look for:
- You have strong communication & collaboration skills
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience working in software engineering.
- 2+ years in technology leadership role while managing & mentoring a small to medium scale team.
- Proven track record in managing full-stack engineering teams that deliver world-class products.
- Strong background in Ruby/Rails
- Worked with React & Redux
- Experience working with relational DB, such as MySQL
- You've been in rapidly scaling and/or venture-backed company
- Strong background working with AWS, or similar infrastructure
- Exposure to or worked with Redis, Redshift, Elasticsearch, Docker, GraphQL
- Experience with Elixir / Phoenix
- Background working in K-12 (EdTech) or Health
Some of our Benefits & perks:
- Fully remote team during COVID
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision Life, & Disability Insurance
- Flexible spending - Commuter & Health
- Unlimited PTO
Equal Opportunity: You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.