THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion, always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron's Analytics team develops critical metrics & actionable insights on our rapidly expanding customer base & the broader meal kit marketplace. This team also powers business decisions around complex supply chain & logistical challenges.
The Sr Data Analyst, Marketing & Product leads the development & execution of fact-based reporting, analysis & analytical models used to enhance decision making across the company. S/he supports the organization with insights to produce improved results & impact. The team is looking for a unique combination of skills: strong business acumen with a history of using data to solve business problems, deep analytical & data science skills, strategic & technical mindset, & an ability to drive & own business relationships.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
The Sr Data Analyst, Marketing & Product will drive efforts to iteratively improve Blue Apron's acquisition, growth, engagement, retention & product strategies. This will include efforts to size risk & opportunity, diligently test new marketing engagement & loyalty strategies, understand & improve customer retention & churn, create tools & dashboards for business partners, & work directly with senior management to implement new strategies. They will also work closely with our marketplace team to understand & drive adoption of KPI's necessary to improve demand, conversion & Average Order Value.
Candidates will be motivated self-starters who are comfortable navigating large datasets, building and/or interpreting predictive models, partnering with technical teams building digital products, coordinating with internal & external non-technical partners & understanding customer demand signals. They will be intimately familiar with survey & A/B testing methodology & interpretation. They will be comfortable presenting findings through both verbal & written formats. Candidates will feel confident in their abilities to influence decision making at the highest levels, understand requirements in working with cross functional teams, & be confident in presenting to individuals of all levels throughout the company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Improve Blue Apron's testing environment while supporting an aggressive marketing roadmap
- Identify, prioritize, structure, & analyze ad hoc analyses about the business's demand, customers, marketing efficacy, & product operations to answer questions & integrate insights into the forecasting process
- Provide customer profiling, segmentation analysis, conversion funnels & drop-off analysis, & engagement analysis.
- Define key KPIs & measurement plan to monitor ROI & performance of product & marketing initiatives
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, & presentation skills with experience communicating on an executive level
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with very large datasets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, & data cleansing/transformation
- A deep understanding of A/B testing methodologies, forecasting, digital marketing, Go-to-Market strategies, CRM's, & marketing attribution
- Experience with Google Analytics or any other MarTech tools
- Advanced Data manipulation skills in SQL. Python/R skills are plus
- Advanced Data visualization skills in Tableau or Looker
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving, & constantly evolving environment
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.