Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are a knowledgeable Escrow professional who is adaptable, resourceful, & deadline driven. You love providing a smooth transaction experience to the buyer/seller & you know what it takes to provide exceptional customer service. You also think technology plays a valuable role to play in transforming real estate.
What Youll Do Here
- Working with Escrow Officers, Operations team to ensure accurate & timely release of trust funds from escrow accounts via wires or checks for various parties involved in real estate transactions in all markets that we service.
- Daily monitoring of upcoming & pending disbursements scheduled using internal reporting tools, providing updates to leadership team regularly on the status of disbursements
- Regularly ensuring all files to be disbursed & files with remaining balances are accounted for, escalating aged remaining balances with a sense of urgency
- Accept Disbursement Packages & review to ensure accuracy & completeness
- Perform quality control activities to ensure the disbursements ledger matches settlement statements, files are balanced, & funds received are in the form of good funds
- Confirm that wiring instructions are correct & that a wire checklist has been completed by the Operations team
- Work within bank portals & initiate or confirm outgoing wires
- Receipt incoming funds (checks & wires) & ensure an appropriate file reference is included
- Follow up & resolve any matters pertaining to rejected wires immediately
- Print checks & deliver in accordance with delivery instructions.
- Assist management with training for new team members/promotions, as needed for the business
- Additional duties as may be assigned by management based on business needs
- 1+ years of escrow/closing experience, multi state experience preferred.
- Experience managing fiduciary funds in a title & settlement business or accounting experience
- High level of understanding of settlement statements, prorations, title insurance rates, & commissions for real estate brokers & agents
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to spot errors or discrepancies & review data for accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines & effectively communicate those deadlines with team members & other stakeholders.
- A clear understanding of the impact the disbursement process has on the consumer & clients & a track record of providing excellent customer service to clients at all times
- You like leveraging technology to do your job more efficiently, & have implemented new processes or workflows in previous roles
- You are a flexible team member, & can jump in to help other team members, even if it is out of your normal job scope