Associate Product Manager
The global product team at AccuWeather is seeking an Associate Product Manager to join a team leading a suite of consumer subscription & business to business products. This position will join a diverse, & expanding, product team whose focus is to transform the existing suite of products used by more than 300 million consumers worldwide, as well as lead the next generation of innovative product development.
If you have a passion for science, technology, & leveraging data to improve peoples lives, profits, & success - as well as a stand-out portfolio - this is the role for you. The position is based in State College, Pennsylvania or New York City. Travel will be required.
What You'll Be Doing
- Define product requirements for mobile applications, targeted to clients of the AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions business, using a data-driven decisions approach.
- Execute market fit & competitive research in support of new product initiatives as well as ensuring a strong market position for existing offerings.
- Assist in management of a broader portfolio of products offered to AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions clients
- Collaborate closely with a diverse group of stakeholders & meet with clients to maintain an on-the-pulse knowledge of our users & the use cases that drive their successful outcomes.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams within different operational & strategic departments in order to identify & launch new content & functionality.
- Conduct business case modelling & competitive analyses to assess trends & guide team to create compelling, valuable, & ultimately profitable products & refine product road maps.
- Seek out & interpret user feedback & market research data to guide product development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- Natural leader. Creative thinker. Exceptional communicator. Adaptable.
- Consensus builder who achieves alignment through active stakeholder management.
- Be curious & globally oriented with a pride for building successful products.
- Capable of engaging tech discussions with development team & high-level business discussions with leadership
- Enthusiastic to support a diverse product suite, sold to a wide spectrum of clients.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Bachelors degree in relevant field & demonstrable experience of producing successful outcomes via indirect leadership are required.
- Ideal candidates combine a technical background with a Business Administration or Marketing degree OR have completed an MBA program with a strong focus on product management.
- Knowledge of mobile applications required; differentiated candidates have experience on a team that has successfully launched and/or provides on-going maintenance of a mobile application(s).
- Experience writing effective requirements (wire frames, user stories, business rules, etc.).
- Strong research, analysis, strategy, & project management skills with the ability to guide complex projects to timely completion.
- Experience using online analytics solutions (Google Analytics experience preferred), with a proven ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Ability to manage & balance requirements of large corporate clients & a diverse group of smaller clients, ultimately leading to successful product packages that optimize for revenue potential while reducing churn.
- Experience operating within a SCRUM environment.
- Solid communication & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills with an orientation towards developing win-win solutions.
- Business planning, forecasting, & analytical skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload & assign priorities to tasks.
- Must be comfortable ruthlessly prioritizing a pipeline of work based on a strategic evaluation of goals & implications.
- Comfortable making independent decisions, naturally incorporating a thoughtful & comprehensive analysis of risks & rewards.
- Ability to interface between creative, technical, & senior level professionals.
- Flexibility & adaptability to rapidly changing environments.
- Travel between AccuWeather offices & limited travel to client offices will be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity & inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging & profitable.