The Cognito platform from Vectra provides continuous, automated threat surveillance to proactively expose hidden & unknown cyberattackers that actively spread inside networks.
The genesis of Cognito is based on a simple principle for finding hidden threats: use an authoritative source of data & seek out the fundamental threat behaviors that cybercriminals cant avoid when they carry out an attack.
To do this, Cognito relies on the only source of truth during a cyberattack network traffic. Only traffic on the wire whether in private data centers, public clouds or enterprise environments reveals the truth with complete fidelity & independence. Low-fidelity perimeter security only shows what youve already seen, not the hidden attacks that were missed.
Cognito delivers a far more efficient way of analyzing network traffic at scale. Instead of traditional payload inspection, it uses AI, machine learning & behavioral traffic analysis to expose the fundamental behaviors of attackers as they spy, spread, & steal in the network even in encrypted traffic.By automating cyberattacker detection, analysis & incident response,CognitoAI condenses days or weeks of work into minutes, reducing the threat investigation workload. For more details, seehttps://vectra.ai/how-it-works.
The Vectra Engineering team is a small & constantly growing team of individuals. We look for people that are smart, very capable technically, & have fun solving the challenges that our customers face together as a team. We believe strongly that everyone can & should have a significant impact on the growth of the product as well as the company & our culture. We believe in using the right technology for each problem & building knowledge through mentorship & other things like peer code reviews. We're excited to find others to join the team that want to work on an interesting product that solves real problems.
As part of the Engineering team, a Software Engineering Manager will be expected to:
- Work with product management to help define requirements for new high value features for customers
- Help break down & plan work for your team
- Help continue to grow the team through interviewing & hiring
- Mentor & grow team members both technically & non-technically
- Participate in architecture discussions & guide the technical direction of the team
- Ensure smooth delivery of software with automated tests in a modern CI toolchain
The ideal candidate is a team player who is excited to work with people, with a variety of technologies, & enjoys solving many different problems.
- 1+ years of technical management experience
- Experience as a scrum master in an Agile environment
- Understanding of architecture & experience with REST APIs, databases, & other common technologies
- Unix/Linux proficiency
- Experience with a source control system, preferably Git
- Detailed knowledge of algorithms, data structures, & parallel computing
- Knowledge of networking & security