- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting & thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
Head ofUX Design at 1010data focuseson delivering outstanding experiences that are modern, intuitive, & inclusive of the many workflows of 1010datas diverse community.The Head of UX will guide the UX strategy as part of the product development team.By working closely with researchers, product owners, engineers, & other members of a product team,the Head of UXhasownership over the entire design process, from problem definition through iteration to production & beyond & provide UX oversight across multiple product lines. Further the role is responsible for creating standards & libraries to accelerate UX development while maintaining high standards.
The Head of UX willhave extensive experience & knowledge of both the human-centered design process & of 1010data's products & industry. They've honed their craft & skill by consistently delivering high-quality solutions to complex problems, influencing product strategy & ensuring high degrees of consistency both across their product & all of end-user touchpoints.The Head of UX isalsoanexpert communicator & storyteller, clearly articulating design decisions/tradeoffs & inspiring their product team.
This role is not sponsorable
What you will take on:
- Lead the UX team including UX & graphic design (when available) managing & coaching team members & balancing work plans for specific product development as well as broader UX initiatives future vision would include expansion of the teamas product lines & company grows.
- Create the overall UX strategy building object libraries, styles, themes, & principles for UX in collaboration with product & engineering teams with feedback from UX & client stakeholders.
- Work through design problems from beginning to end, translating research insights & product requirements into elegant solutions to develop a design strategy, & then iteratively testing & developing those solutions into production-ready designs.
- Act as a cross-functional design lead,wearing hats includingResearch,Wireframing, prototyping & interviewing customers to test & validateholistic, branded experiences that consider the entire customer journey from the very first touchpoint.
- Develop & maintain detailed documentation of user interface specifications & interaction patterns, working closely with engineering in order to ensure designs are implemented & high-quality products are delivered.
- Define best practices, style guidelines, stay up to date on recent trends in the industry & introduce team to new technologies & UX approaches to improve user experience & team efficiency.
- Look across the product lines to ensure that design patterns & branding are consistently used & identify new growth opportunities through design innovation.
- Champion human-centered design processes within your team & within 1010data broadly, supporting & contributing to departmental initiatives set forth byChief Product Officer.
- Be a recognized thought leader outside the company frequently invited to give talks at prestigious UX events & contribute to industry publications.
- A strong & clear design aesthetic, knowing the tradeoffs of a variety of approaches, techniques, & patterns, implementing the most appropriate solution concisely.
- Exceptional ability to give high-quality, clearly communicated feedback on product ideas & design concepts coupled with an eagerness to communicate design ideas & rationale to product team members, seeking feedback & constructive criticism.
- Build consensus amongst product team members. Influence peers & mentor junior talent.
What you already have:
- Significant professional experience leading UX for a company or major division
- Built & tested information architectures & application interface design options
- Experience administering SUS & measuring NPS
- Understanding of the connection between UX & the need to demonstrate strong connections to differentiation as well as ROI and revenue
- Proven record evangelizing UX across the enterprise & with clients
- Ability to wear many hats ranging from tactical collaborator to strategic leader
- Retail and CPG (internal or service provider) experience strongly preferred
- Degree or significant studies / certifications in related subjects such as user experience, HFID, HCI, information science, psychology, etc.
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail & consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand & market conditions & rapidly respond with highly targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, & collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the worlds foremost companies partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.