VaynerMedia is obsessed with marketing for the moment we live in. We have an insatiable desire to help brands navigate the ever-changing waters of digital & social marketing & emerging technologies.
Were looking for an Account Director to lead this work, by providing insights-driven strategies, strengthening client & partner agency relationships, collaborating with cross-departmental teams, while growing & mentoring your account teams.
How would you answer these questions? It should help determine if were the type of company for you!
- Do you geek out over depletion reports, quarterly earnings announcements, Snapchats evolving ad products?
- Are you tired of the revolving door of agencies, with people coming & going in year-long increments? Do you agree that company culture is better represented by the family environment a place brings on a daily basis, & less about the dress code & open bar happy hours? (dont get us wrong, we love jeans, & a cold beer from time to time)
- Are you someone thats a veteran in teaching a man to fish, rather than feeding him a fish? And find nothing more gratifying than providing that type of mentorship?
- Do you have a passion for food, exercise, music heck, even stamp collecting, or anything else outside of work? Something that you not only love, but love sharing with others?
If you answered Yes to these questions, were chomping at the bit to meet you!
The task at hand (AKA the role & responsibilities)
- Inspire, motivate, & mentor account teams in VaynerMedia's commitment to providing best-in-class social & digital marketing counsel, while contributing to the career growth of your team members. You will report directly into a VP/SVP, overseeing several client brand families, while managing & motivating a teams that are typically managing 2-4 brands
- Act as key business stakeholder & leader for our clients, driving accountability to business results, & enrolling internal Vayner teams cross-functionally in the vision required to get there
- Develop & deliver senior-level strategy to CMO-level clients, derived from industry insights & category expertise. (Our clients challenges become ours! We need to understand their highly-individual market conditions, & the levers of growth to focus on that will drive business results)
- Eat, breathe, & sleep todays digital & mobile consumer, to develop brand-specific strategies that, ultimately, help them sell shit (thats why we love social & digital marketing, after all!)
- Guide & contribute in the development of Creative ideas & deliverables
- Be well versed in the various Paid Media & Measurement opportunities in social, digital, & broader marketing mix, to provide client recommendations on the proper social & digital KPIs, based on brand-specific goals. A working knowledge of Facebook & Twitters Ad products is essential, as well as other platforms including Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, & Snapchat
- Identify & help sell-through incremental campaign opportunities to clients, that help them achieve the most efficient returns & results on their overall marketing dollars
- The ability to navigate a portfolio of brands within a larger conglomerate or business group, gain an understanding of their unique company architectures, to build & strengthen relationships with essential stakeholders
- Responsible for assignments centered around operational & internal initiatives, as provided by the Leadership team
- Collaborate with the leaders of other departments (Creative, Production, Analytics/Insights, Media, Community Management) to improve & execute on client deliverables, process, & output
- Contribute to the continued growth & stability of VaynerMedia, by being empowered to make decisions that are best for the company both today & tomorrow
The ideal candidate has:
- A Bachelor's degree or Entrepreneurial street creds & 7-10 years of experience working within the social/digital & agency space
- Advanced written & presentation communication skills
- A proven understanding & expertise in brand strategy, as well as the social/digital space & how it integrates with the wider marketing mix for Fortune 500 size brands
- Foster strong relationships & collaboration with cross-discipline teams that include Creative, Project Management, Media, & Analytics -- from initial brief & brainstorm, to campaign execution & measurement
- Strategic understanding of traditional, digital, & social-specific media planning & buying, along with the proper metrics of success & measurement opportunities
- Experience leading & managing growing teams of at least 10 people
- Top-notch social & communication skills to deliver impeccable strategic social counsel
- An infectious smile, upbeat demeanor, & warm personality that contributes to an already ridiculously-strong company culture