ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStarsUS The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
A part of the IT Infrastructure group, the DBA Team provides technical implementation, coaching & operations support to the delivery teams while allowing the business scale at speed. The Senior Database Engineer will be part of an international team of Database Engineers, across a range of database technology specialties, to deliver the core database platforms required by the FanDuel organization. The Informix DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, & performance of critical Informix Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability & consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a hands-on position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
Within the teams, uptime & availability of all the services across the estate is critical to FanDuels success & 24x7 support is provided using an on-call rota. Data drives our business, & it is therefore vital to implement & support the right platform in order to store data & make it available to our business. A strong focus on data recoverability, performant systems & continuous automation & self-service is key to the success of the team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation at the leading edge of database & automation solutions with a full CI/CD pipeline for a large part of the database estate on our award winning Openstack platform. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to acquire a working knowledge of a full suite of DevOps tooling along with public & private cloud integration. The successful candidate will be primarily an Informix DBA with, ideally, experience in other database technologies (e.g. MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL). Must be capable of working independently & collaboratively. A positive mindset & willingness to learn are critical in this role.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
You, as a successful & talented candidate, will join the highly skilled team working across the FanDuel technology organization. As a part of the Database Engineering team, you will assist in the design, definition, implementation, observation, & support of the database architectures & environments.
- Manage Informix databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Performance tuning of OLTP customer facing systems
- Configure & maintain database servers & processes, including monitoring of system health & performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, & security.
- Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development & implementation support efforts meet integration & performance expectations
- Independently analyse, solve, & correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine & automate regular processes, track issues, & document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning & schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Share domain & technical expertise, providing technical mentorship & cross-training to other peers & team members.
- Ensuring operational excellence is part of ways of working by routinely seeking improvements that can be actioned by the wider team continuous improvement mind-set
- The role requires excellent communication & customer focus skills to ensure the Senior Database Engineer offers the best possible customer service
What were looking for in our next teammate
- Dedicated commitment to technical excellence & quality partner care.
- You work autonomously actively driving solutions, projects, & identifying areas for improvement in the platform.
- A high degree of focus on quality to build resilient, scalable, & maintainable systems.
- You make decisions based on data & exercise judgment to balance risks & rewards.
- Lead partnerships with internal teams & external business partners.
- Willingness to mentor early career staff, contributing to their development technically & professionally.
- A clear focus on staying up-to-date with emerging technologies through continued learning, active engagement with the network industry, & a desire to remain hands-on.
- Demonstrated thought leadership & customer engagement skills.
- Collects & researches data; Uses intuition & experience to complement data; Designs workflows & procedures.
- Identifies & resolves problems in an efficient manner; Collect & analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Minimum of 5+ years Informix Server Administration experience (all versions) preferred
- Ideally has experience with other database technologies
- A full understanding of Informix high availability solutions
- A customer-first mentality
- Capable of working in the demanding environment of mission-critical business systems
- A strong desire to drive continual improvement
- Experience working with Linux & AIX
- Strong performance management background takes own development & performance seriously, constantly wanting to improve
- Experience of delivering within a flexible environment where priorities can change depending on business needs
- Experience in incident management, dealing efficiently with business communications during minor & major incidents always thinking about the stakeholder/customer
- Flexible, team player, get-it-done personality is a must
- Ability to multi-task & context-switch effectively between different activities & teams
- Experience working within an Agile/Kanban framework
- Experience with orchestration of database deployments is a benefit
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.