When we started in 2012, we set out to reinvent men's basics with underwear & socks as our starting point. Today, we are a full-fledged menswear brand that powers radically-efficient wardrobing. Rooted in smart design & performance fabrics, our products are engineered to work together through our pioneering Daily Wear System.
As we continue to expand our product offering & distribution beyond e-commerce, we are looking for passionate, proactive, strategic, & creative problem-solvers to join our rapidly growing team. If that sounds like you keep reading.
The Director of Product Development oversees the product creation process, & ensures adherence to calendar milestones. You will optimize the global sourcing & seasonal merchandising direction to facilitate innovation & development. You will be a main contact to our external partners, vendors & suppliers, & communicate the brands seasonal product strategy.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Oversee all seasonal product details including timing, costing, adoption & viability of introducing products to market; drive the operations of the Product & Design team
- Ensure quality of raw materials & trims are to standard by overseeing sourcing + testing process
- Provide in-season costing strategies by leveraging unit volume, fabric consolidation & achieve margins; allocate product to drive efficiencies within the MW Supply Chain
- Influence new product development, & longer lead time innovation
- Partner with Design team to ensure sample execution meets MW Standards
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various stakeholders, & act as an expert of the product assortment
- Drive analytics to inform & support the supply chain, & progress the Product Development process; set objectives for product scorecards
- Provide strong leadership to PD & Design team members; actively development teams skills & abilities
WHO YOU ARE
- 8-10 years experience in apparel development & sourcing with overseas factories
- Knowledge of textile fibers, fabrics & apparel properties
- Strong communication skills to advocate the Brands needs, & influence external partners appropriately
- Strong problem-solving abilities grounded in common sense & a product first attitude
- Possess a high degree of integrity & attention to detail
- Strong ability to adapt to frequent changes & thrive in a fast-paced & deadline-driven work environment
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- Its all about the people. To us, diversity is a strength. We check our egos at the door & value all backgrounds & experiences. From our employees to our customers to our partnerswe build relationships that last.
- We give a s**t. Every detail matters. We research, we test, we adjust. We take pride in everything we do by being thoughtful in our decision making & design process.
- We put our money where our mouth is. We work with ethical & humane partners, we act with integrity & trust, & we take ownership of our actions & mistakes.
- We build for the future. First, we listen; then we think, plan, & act for the long-term. We see problems as opportunities & take calculated risks to build a company that lasts.
- Full insurance benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Hybrid office model (in office M/T/Th)
- Great location in the heart of Nomad district
- Office snacks & drinks
- Thursday happy hours
- Free Mack Weldon gear
- Salary range of $130,000 - $160,000 *This range represents the low & high end of the anticipated base salary range for this NYC - based position. The base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience & qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, & balancing internal equity relative to other MW employees.