About the team
The Global Sourcing team is responsible for managing our global supplier base across all products & brands. The team manages new & existing supplier relationships, defines our production strategy, drives cost savings, & implements processes to help scale our supply chain. From concept to scale up to mass production, we are plugged in every step of the way.
We work cross-functionally with teams in New York, London, & China including Marketing, R&D, Quality, Packaging Development, Retail, Distribution, Sales & Operations, Planning, Finance, Legal & other functions to lead product launches, sustain programs, & set optimal supply chains that allow our brands to flourish.
About the role
As a member of the Global Sourcing team, you will have the opportunity to be the first person at Harrys dedicated to managing indirect sourcing. We just created this role, & need someone to hit the ground running. You will develop & execute on an indirect spend strategy that you create. We believe this is a big opportunity for Harrys to continue to scale our business.
You will work cross-functionally with teams in New York & London to partner on spend management programs, contract negotiations, supplier strategy, & system implementations. You will lead sourcing events across multiple indirect categories from start to finish -- RFX development, to supplier selection, contract negotiation, & performance management. You will be responsible for the creation & implementation of strategic initiatives to achieve short & long term savings.
What you will accomplish
- Build & support the companys indirect spend supplier base in partnership with global, cross-functional team members
- Manage indirect spend opportunities & cost savings initiatives, acting as a trusted business partner to stakeholders across the team; establish annual goals & provide visibility toward our success
- Drive the analytics behind the function in an effort to improve spend visibility, reporting, & compliance
- Establish the standards that stakeholders must adhere to when onboarding new supplier partners & negotiating contracts
- Source & lead the implementation of our first enterprise indirect spend management software tool
- Lead cross-functional projects & routinely present metrics & recommendations to the leadership team to inform the companys strategy for indirect spend management
This should describe you
- Background in an analytical, data-driven, or project management role; preferably supply chain, operations, or finance
- Exposure or direct management of enterprise spend management tools (Ariba, Coupa, etc.); SAP S4 ERP experience preferred
- Experience with annual budget planning & ongoing financial forecasting processes
- Strong negotiator who understands multiple techniques & practices & can work closely with Legal to execute on contract improvements
- Strategic thinker with a creative approach to solving problems
- Appreciates building lasting relationships with internal & external partners
- Outstanding communication (written & verbal). You can tailor & adapt your approach & style depending on the audience & have experience working with leadership teams
- Self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment; can switch gears as required
- Growth mindset; appreciates & thrives from feedback
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to Director, Global Sourcing
- Working on the Global Sourcing team & the Chief Financial Officer on initiatives
- Partnering with Supply Chain, Finance, IT, Marketing, People, & many more.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.