Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges & go the extra mile.
We are looking for a tax professional that is intrigued by the ever-changing tax environment related to digital services & products. As part of the tax team, you will be responsible for various indirect tax compliance areas across our multiple jurisdictions. You are great at making tax sound easy, both in written & oral communications. You navigate an evolving tax landscape & a growing Company with ease, & you adapt quickly.
You will play an integral role on the Finance team focusing on cross-functional tax dependencies, & will nurture a collaborative environment, while being very organized & paying close attention to the details. You have the confidence to be our main advocate to establish & maintain adherence to the process & procedures related to our indirect tax compliance.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Work directly with our third-party provider to prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly, & annual global indirect tax returns including US sales tax, VAT, GST, gross receipts, & other indirect taxes in multiple jurisdictions.
- Work cross-functionally to help assess tax implications of new product offerings & maintain the product taxability matrix by performing tax research & leveraging tax advisors as needed
- Keep up with various global legislative & regulatory updates related to indirect taxes in order to assess & communicate any potential impact
- Ensure accurate & timely VAT recoverability across multiple jurisdictions
- Analyze purchase data & perform research to ensure proper taxability for use tax accruals
- Assist with indirect tax cash forecasting
- Ensure timely filing & remittance of indirect taxes
- Maintain monthly indirect tax account reconciliations using Blackline
- Prepare indirect tax account journal entries & reversals
- Assist with tax exemption certificate approvals for our monthly billing cycle
- Assist with related tax audits as they arise
- Provide insights & recommendations related to process improvement & data automation
- Involvement with special projects as they arise
What Well Expect From You:
- Prior experience with indirect taxes
- Excellent analytical & communication skills
- Team player
- Experience interacting with third party service providers
- Masters degree in Taxation a plus
- CPA preferred but not required
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!