At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada, & Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Two out of three teachers currently use TpT.
Who we are looking for:
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
As a marketplace, the mobile experience is a critical part of TpT; for buyers, its the ability to discover & purchase resources; for sellers, its the ability to access the tools they need to be successful on TpT. In addition to these core experiences, the mobile team is pushing into new spaces to solve real-world problems for teachers, & solve it in a way that is uniquely possible with mobile capabilities.
Product Designers at TpT are passionate about creating the very best experiences for all our marketplace touchpoints. As a leader on our product team, youll be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from inception to build & beyond. Youll partner with product managers, engineers, our research team, our community, & others in setting & executing our product vision & direction. Youll take on a range of design challenges & be expected to advocate for the clearest, cleanest, & most cohesive design experiences.
- Craft beautiful, engaging experiences that solve user & business problems & is loved by our community of teachers
- Communicate & facilitate decisions effectively using user research, workshops, narratives, sketches, wireframes, mockups, & prototypes
- Define interaction models, user flows, & UI specifications that are true to each iOS & Android platform
- Contribute to your product teams growth, vision, & strategy
- Help develop & define TpTs design sensibilities, methodologies, & culture
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role as a UX / UI or Product Designer
- Believe in our mission to connect & empower teachers
- Appreciate feedback & value honest, thoughtful critique
- Experience launching & iterating iOS & Android apps
- A substantive job application that stands out, shows what youve built, & tells us who you are as a person
- Experience prototyping with React Native
- Experience with Ed-Tech or Marketplaces
- Parental leave for both mothers & fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother's Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.