Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. Were scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking & giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology & marketing cloud category. Simons platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data & machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts & ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, & give them ownership, great things happen.
With the recent growth of our marketing team & company expansion plans, content is essential to growing our customer base & establishing our place as a leader in the CDP space. We need someone who not only is passionate about writing, but can see the big picture & the role content plays in our marketing strategy.
The Content Marketing Manager will create content for web & landing pages, email marketing activities, as well supporting our blog, newsletter, SEO & social media efforts.
Reporting to the Director, Demand Generation, this role will help drive Simon Datas brand awareness & growth, through:
What Youll Do
- Writing content for a multitude of marketing channels including blog posts, email newsletters, social media, infographics, video, paid advertising, landing pages, speeches & presentations, & other assets.
- Working closely with the Demand Generation team on how best to recycle & optimize existing content for new outlets & create new content to support inbound & outbound programs that engage prospects, nurture existing leads & drive sales opportunities.
- Crafting email marketing programs to nurture demo conversion
- Ensuring that all content is optimized for conversion & showcases our brand in an innovative & breakthrough way
- Collaborating with our in-house designer to conceptualize & create engaging visuals for content
- Familiarity with inbound marketing strategies & the value of crafting great content & unforgettable B2B marketing experiences
- This isnt your first rodeo. Our ideal candidate has a relevant bachelors degree & 3+ years of demonstrated ability in a content or copywriting role - B2B / SaaS marketing experience is a major plus.
- You understand the role content marketing plays in B2B demand generation strategy & will use this to suggest campaign ideas, advise other team members on best practices, & improve our existing content strategy.
- You are equal parts strategic & creative. You know how to write to an audience of business decision makers, putting their needs first to drive brand awareness, brand preference, & conversion. You also know how SEO works & can create various types of content to support organic traffic.
- You are highly collaborative. You enjoy working on a distributed-but-connected team. You enjoy communicating openly, participatingand even leading-- brainstorming sessions, sourcing & sharing ideas with each other, & sharing war stories about what youve seen work (and what hasnt) in the past.
- You have a drive for execution. You love the feeling of checking things off your to do list. Getting it done is your workplace love language! You pride yourself on your resourcefulness, & your ability to work quickly & independently to execute tasks.
- Youre self-disciplined & deadline driven. You have excellent time & project management skills. Youre able to set & handle deadlines on your own, & balance multiple projects at once.
- You despise boring, bland, buzzword-y copy. Youre highly creative. Your portfolio demonstrates your ability to break through the noise to build attention-grabbing, valuable, & conversion-worthy marketing content.
- Youre really good at communicating complex topics using simple terms. You believe that good content should communicate using an eighth grade reading level. The content you build has a strong voice, a differentiated point of view & is enjoyable to read.
- You have a strong attention to detail & outstanding command of the English language.
- You dig both marketing & technology ! You follow the latest B2B & B2C marketing trends & love the idea of marketing to marketers & uncovering how tech solutions can really help people. And if youre not already a professional in the CDP space, youre at least excited to learn about it.
- You get us & where were at in our growth. Prior experience in a high-growth start up will be very helpful. We want someone who will be excited to play a major role in creating scalable marketing experiences & launching campaigns that further our growth.
- A solid understanding of the CDP or MarTech space
- First-hand experience working in Wordpress, Hubspot, Asana, G Suite
- Experience interviewing SMEs & conducting primary research to advise content
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.