Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
The Digital Experience Optimization, On-Demand Services (ODS) team is Optimizely's new secret weapon. As a team consisting of strategy consultants, optimization managers, designers & developers, we help augment & support those clients with experimentation teams and/or want to increase experimentation velocity on the Optimizely platform. In every interaction, we put our clients first & strive to exceed every expectation. Our ultimate goal is to deliver that wow experience that turns clients into Optimizely evangelists, & customers for life.
The Technical Project Manager will play a key role on Optimizely's On-Demand Services (ODS) team. You will get to see how some of the world's most innovative companies run their experimentation programs & get to have a direct impact on experiments that go live to millions of visitors. The ODS team is currently comprised of Optimization Managers, Designers, Developers, QA Engineers & a Project Manager. This role will be the second project manager on the ODS team & be responsible for helping the ODS team stay organized as the team looks to grow & scale its client base.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the Optimization Managers to understand the scope of each experiment that the ODS team executes for a client in order to help manage the execution (design, development, etc) of the experiment in accordance with the ODS team's turnaround times.
- Participate on weekly client calls with the Optimization Managers as needed to help them communicate project updates & capture to-do's that come out of the calls
- Translate client feedback on variation designs or QA findings from the client to the ODS design & development/QA team so that the changes can be made appropriately
- Help keep the ODS project board up to date with the latest status of each experiment
- Help manage client experimentation roadmap to ensure our value is consistent with client's objectives & expectations
- Communicate daily with optimization managers, designers, developers, & QA engineers to discuss goals & any roadblocks the team is facing.
- Occasionally help with QA review of experiments as needed
- Excellent time management, communication, & organizational skills.
- Natural-born problem solver. You create solutions, not problems. You use empathy, logic, & imagination to make sense of a situation & come up with an intelligent solution
- Organized & love yourself for it. You love creating (and completing!) task lists. You hate messes. You possess excellent planning & organization skills
- Solid PM Foundation. You understand basic project management principles including how to run a meeting, how to break big work down into small tasks, how to mitigate risks, etc
- Communicator Extraordinaire. Intuitive, adaptable, & collaborative communication & interpersonal ability. You demonstrate stellar stakeholder management & presentation skills
- Have experience managing consumer web development projects
- Proactive. You are experienced at identifying risks & resolving issues, escalating as needed to senior leadership across an entire portfolio of client projects.
- Live in the details. Solid problem-solving skills with a high attention to the little things. You bring clarity to chaos
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, multi-task & participate in team-based planning process
- 2+ years experience in client-facing project management or consulting
- Understanding of the entire web development process, with an emphasis on front end design & development
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance & bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks & benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.