Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Technical Strategy Operations Associate to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
What is the Position?
The Tech Strategy Insurance Operations team at Oscar creates operational efficiency & scale through technology & automation. We identify, scope, & implement technical solutions that improve operations across our departments & systems to achieve outstanding performance, & differentiate Oscar from our competitors.
You will design technical solutions, & manage development, build, testing & implementation, with a focus on creating efficiency & scale through technology & automation. Develop an understanding of Oscar's infrastructure, underlying logic, & data models, & understand & translate requirement & rules from partners. You will Identify opportunities for technology enablement, scope, & implement technical solutions to address operational challenges across core insurance functions.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Insurance Operations
- Design & prioritize technical operations roadmaps to implement & improve efficacy & efficiency of existing operational processes or unlock new capabilities
- Lead & cross collaborates on iterative problem definition & technical design/scoping to build solutions
- Represent the needs of partners by distilling the requirements of new product & market expansions, & designing automated workflows to reduce manual work requirements
- Support engineers, analysts & other Operations team members to resolve escalations through issue investigation to produce insights, training, & technical tooling
- Partner with the Engineering & Data teams to structure & operationalize the next generation of health insurance operations
- Understand the operations ecosystem, technology & data models & its current strengths, weaknesses, & gaps.
- Maintain relationships with relevant partners as a representative of Insurance Operations
- A technical bachelor's degree or commensurate experience
- 3+ years experience in a technical role (QA analyst, PM, operations analyst, finance, consulting, industrial engineering)
- 3+ years experience in SQL/Python or similar database language experience
- Experience in analytics
- An academic & professional background in coding, math, statistics, or data science
- Knowledge management, training, or content development experience
- Startup experience
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.