Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Were a NYSE public entity that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines, & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful, & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, salespeople & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced SOX Compliance Manager to oversee & maintain the companys compliance & control framework. Reporting to the Controller, the ideal candidate for this position must be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative & exhibits passion for building a strong control environment. This role will also assist with developing Boxeds internal control procedures & accounting policies.
*This is a hybrid-working model role with minimum of 2-days per week at the Manhattan head-office.*
- Build & enhance the companys Internal Controls & SOX Program (for both business & information technology processes), & ensure compliance with accounting policies & SOX regulations
- Conduct periodic risk assessments to define risks to the business, & how each risk is, or should be, mitigated
- Work with functional departments to understand current processes, plus document & maintain process documentation (narratives, flowcharts, etc.)
- Evaluate the design of internal control activities (including performing gap assessments to determine new controls needed)
- Periodically review & update the companys risk & control matrix & internal control documentation to maintain & update key controls, plus ensure a high level of quality of documentation
- Develop & maintain a control testing plan to assess the operating effectiveness of key controls, identify deficiencies, perform deficiency assessment, & provide recommendations for areas of improvement
- Perform follow-up on the status of outstanding deficiencies & assist process owners in the design & implementation of process improvements & remediation action items
- Work with all relevant system & IT/Technology owners to review the design, implementation, & evaluation of IT general controls & automated system controls / configurations
- Prepare periodic status updates for Senior Management & the Audit Committee
- Act as the point of contact for external audit to support testing, walkthroughs, process reviews, & PBC requests as it relates to internal controls
- Serve as a technical resource on all internal control & process improvement matters, including development, refinement, & documentation of internal controls & processes for all departments & new strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with process, control, & system owners to develop & provide training programs on SOX, internal controls, & build knowledge on & ownership of financial reporting risk management.
- 5-7+ years of relevant SOX compliance experience with demonstrable career progression & COSO framework - Manager-level preferred
- Demonstrated experience with internal controls, COSO framework, development of test & remediation plans (particularly 404b), communication with senior leadership, & compliance reporting
- ITGC experience preferred - particularly with homegrown systems, change management controls, & complex IT environment
- Business process experience with software revenue, order to cash, & inventory preferred
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Thorough approach with high level of accuracy & strong attention to detail
- Proactive attitude & excellent project management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize & multitask
- CPA preferred
- Proficiency in Excel & PowerPoint.
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits.