We are looking for an enthusiastic & aspirational Localization Specialist to join our Content & Translations Agency. As a Localization Specialist you will work with the local Language team to collaborate closely with various stakeholders such as copywriters & localization team to provide the best experiences to millions of our customers who search & book accommodation through the Booking.com websites, apps & newsletter.
You should have a strong passion for both travel & language, & be able to provide high-quality translations with the commercial sense to help maintain & improve the quality of our products. Our diverse team across the world is united by a single mission: to help travelers, whatever their budgets, easily discover, book, & enjoy the worlds best places to stay.
Share your passion & join our talented team to help make nearly a million travel dreams come true every single day!
- Provide commercial & creative translations from International English into American English for website copy, app copy & promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the American market
- Create commercial, localized content for the American market
- Maintain the quality of the American version of Booking.com, including conducting product checks & maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries & style guides
- Assist with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams & departments, such as language-based research & data collection & analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the website & the service offered to American speaking customers
- Translations support, such as quality monitoring of translations & providing consistent feedback
- Higher education in a relevant field
- Native level American English speaker, accompanied with excellent knowledge of English
- Experience in translating website content and/or writing commercial texts
- Strong customer focus
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with computer-assisted translations tools
- Flexibility, accuracy & ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical skills with logical thinking
- Pro-active & initiative both independently & in a team
- Positive attitude
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
What we offer:
- A dynamic working environment with a culture that is open, innovative & performance oriented
- Internal trainings & various possibilities of personal development in our fast-growing company
This full time position is located in our New York City office.