Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
If you think you could support Visa as a Product Project Manager, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
We are seeking for a Product Project Manager to support the five UK product proposition leads. These resources will be the overall project leaders on identified (priority) product projects & initiatives.
- You will challenge the status quo & identify opportunities for the program strategy to improve performance & create value for the organisation
- This will be achieved by building & maintaining strong stakeholder support & trust to deliver programs.
- You will proactively anticipate stakeholder needs & ensure processes are in place to minimise disruption
- By pushing the organisation to become customer-oriented, while maintaining internal stakeholder expectations
- You will begin to coach the organisation to be proactive about identifying problems, resolution, & opportunities for internal & external stakeholders
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Works hand in hand with the dedicated UK product propositions leads & other cross functional teams & resources supporting the UK business
- These programme directors will need to accurately identify stakeholder expectations & consistently meets commitments to internal stakeholders
- They will need to develop, modify & adapt project tasks, priorities, & behaviours in response to meeting stakeholder commitments - weekly project meetings, monthly steering committee meetings & executive updates within Visa & across its Bank customers
- Develop & maintain relationships with stakeholders and/or their direct reports whilst prioritizing the demands from various stakeholders
- Effectively communicates the program impacts to relevant stakeholders in the organization
- Identifies where stakeholders stand on buy-in for the program strategy & vision
- Identifies the right stakeholders & SMEs to engage with at various times during the project
- Build & maintains trusted relationships with stakeholders (executives, internal, external) & SMEs
- Anticipates & addresses potential stakeholder resistance & road blocks by developing action plans to mitigate their impact
- Proactively works with stakeholders to identify problems, resolutions & opportunities, along with ongoing prioritization on the demands of stakeholders strategically to align with the program goals & communicate the strategy to all impacted stakeholders
What we're after
- Should be self-starters, with the ability to think & act fairly independently at times, whilst always aligning & balancing the project deliverables to resourcing availability & bandwidth
- An experienced expert on all software tools & programs - Microsoft Teams; Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- Seasoned experts & have been in a project management role previously (mid-levelspecific role experience), within a large matrix organisation
- Sound knowledge & experience of financial services, banks and/or technology firms
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills/ability to influence multiple stakeholders both internally & externally, specifically in working in a matrixed environment
- Ability to manage senior stakeholder engagements within Visa & at the banks
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.