Who are we?
Vestwell provides every employee in America with access to a retirement account by removing the friction points financial advisors & companies have in establishing & maintaining defined contribution & benefit programs. We look out for everyones best interest, including financial advisors, companies & employees.
Vestwell is at the forefront of a wave of change in a $6 trillion 401(k) market; creating a new platform that lowers fees & ensures that individuals retire wealthier. Weve raised some money from great investors in the Fintech & Finserv world to achieve this goal & are already getting a great response from customers.
Who are we looking for?
Vestwell is looking to hire a talented QA Automation Engineer (Level 2) to join our growing tech team in New York City. You are first & foremost a problem solver who focuses on improving the quality of software that we deliver. Coding plays a crucial role in your problem-solving tool box, whether that be writing automated test cases for specific features, or enhancing & expanding our regression testing frameworks.
As part of our agile software development team, you will be working closely with our Director of Test Engineering & our Product Managers team to define acceptance criteria & implement new test scenarios. There is plenty of room for growth as you enhance a modern codebase & help with additional QA-centric DevOps responsibilities. Our QA infrastructure is built on Docker & Jenkins so familiarity with these technologies will go a long way.
What will you be doing at Vestwell?
Your primary responsibility on a day-to-day basis will be to extend & improve our Protractor/Node.js test automation framework, make this codebase your own, & continually augment it as new features are rolled out.
- Design & develop full stack automated solutions across several services & systems in a cross-functional, agile environment
- Work closely with the product team to ensure the regression test suite is reliable & thoughtful in its design & coverage
- Be an evangelist for a testing culture within Vestwell
- Identify, evaluate, & manage the documentation & deliverables required for each product to be tested
- Play an integral role in feature squad stand ups as a designated QA representative
- Partner with product owners & developers to identify areas for improved efficiencies
Also in your tool box you would ideally have experience working with some load testing frameworks like Artillery (node) or Jmeter (java) as well as DevOps (Jenkins setup, github automation integrations, digging through production logs to reproduce issues etc).