We are seeking an experienced Senior Experiential Producer to join our fast growing experiential team. This Producer, reporting into the VP experiential is a strategic & creative contributor with over 7 years of hands on experience producing a broad range of experiential activations; both indoor & outdoor.
This Producer ensures an interdisciplinary process throughout each project & the delivery of outstanding experiences that are on time & on budget. A true team player, s/he will have an entrepreneurial spirit, thrive in fast paced environments & get shit done.
The producer will work in close collaboration with many functions from creative, sales, account management, design, production as well as 3rd party vendors to bring each activation from inception through to completion. S/he understands the art of collaboration & is capable of supporting & activating teams & team members in a productive, positive way. Good Vibes only!. Candidates should be well-versed in the core principles of producing: organization, budgeting, planning, communication & execution. Ideally, these fundamentals will be embodied in a person who demonstrates clear leadership skills, professional flexibility, good humor, & strong self-starting abilities.
- A DOER
- A practical, analytical, process driven multi-tasker
- Ability to manage several activations at once within a lean team
- Annoyingly organized & live or die by attention to detail
- Industrious & a problem solver
- A savvy logistics & production professional
- Passionate about popular culture & interested in how fandoms evolve & behave.
- Committed to creating best in class work on each & every project.
Responsible for creating & executing unique experiences through the transformation of physical spaces both indoor & outdoor.
- Direct execution & management of experiential & event productions across a wide variety of events to include Vice Owned IP, White label brand activations, Sponsorships, Trade & internal events
- Work with our venue production to produce branded events & activations within the space
- Create & manage complex event budgets, from conception to reconciliation & ensure profitability
- Create & update internal & external production related documents including but not limited to timelines, production budgets, production schedules, ROS, staff manuals, etc. using approved templates as required
- Source, manage & coordinate all 3rd party vendors, bidding out vendor quotes as needed & ultimately foster positive vendor relationships
- Lead the procurement of permits, civic documents & all other permits/paperwork for events
- Work cross-functionally across internal teams including; Strategy, Accounts, Design, & Operations
- Be proactive, managing projects through regular status updates with teams & clients to recognize dependencies, risks, & issues & escalate them, as needed, toward resolution
- Provide onsite lead production support for project execution
- Manage project staffing; hiring, training, & managing executional staff on experiential projects
- Assess & improve production processes during & after each activation.
- Reconcile all project budgets in real-time, & wrap all projects in a timely manner
- Responsible for delivering data, successes & learnings to program team for client recaps post each event
THE CANDIDATE MUST BE:
- Passionate about entertainment, events & culture
- A detail-oriented process driven planner with the ability to multi-task across numerous simultaneous workflows, meet deadlines, manage upwards & downwards
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years in production, events, project management, production management, or related production role.
- Extensive network of production professionals & vendor contacts
- Deep expertise in production management; understanding of all production elements including technical production
- Experience working in media companies desired but not essential
- Track record of successfully managing teams & owning multi-million-dollar production budgets
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills.
- Proven, successful experience working in a fast paced, high pressurized environment on multiple deliverable-driven projects from concept to completion.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know.We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities:VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture. We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.