Product Designer (UI/UX)
at Havenly, Denver office
At Havenly, we believe that everyone deserves a beautiful home they love. Founded in 2014 & headquartered in Denver, we make decorating & shopping for your home fun, convenient & affordable.
As a Product Designer (ui/ux) at Havenly, you'll be responsible for designing gorgeous, usable & delightful user interactions, experiences, & interfaces. Working closely with product managers, engineers, & stakeholders, you'll own the full strategy & execution of the user interface from user research, to designing prototypes, & all steps in between. You'll work to continually elevate the Havenly product by designing for user delight, & obsessing over the details that make a product move from good, to great, to exceptional. If you are a talented, visual-and-impact-oriented, user-centric designer, this could be your dream job.
What youll do:
- Champion a set of product design principles that ultimately drive decisions about the Havenly product experience
- Ensure those principles consistently carry across platforms (desktop web; mobile web; & mobile app) & user types (design client; interior designer; eCommerce)
- Design beautiful - & usable - product features
- Demonstrate high-quality design practices - this includes participation in all aspects of UX: research, ideation, strategy, interaction design, information architecture, & gorgeous visual execution
- Work cross-functionally across design, product, engineering, growth, & executives
- Brainstorm & ideate around new concepts & features
- Articulate & defend design decisions to executives, product managers & engineers
- Rapidly prototype & iterate on new features or experiences - love running design sprints? Awesome!
- Exhibit empathy, enthusiasm, & motivation in every interaction
- Make it beautiful, simple, & delightful, always
What youll bring:
- 4+ years of related experience designing end-to-end digital products at tech companies or digital product design agencies.
- A strong portfolio of beautiful product design work that will make us swoon! Through this work, we want to see your ability to move fluidly between user experience design, interface design, & gorgeous visual design & articulate your design decisions.
- The ability to make design decisions with data & user testings as vital tools.
- Not only an understanding of the technical constraints & liberties behind your decisions but enough technical understanding to also communicate your ideas to our engineers.
- Experience creating UI specs & wireframes & the flexibility & willingness to move from idea to whiteboard to execution quickly.
- Expert understanding of web & iOS platforms
- A strong visual aesthetic & experience designing within brand guidelines both individually & collaboratively with a team.
- Passion for creating simple - & beautiful - products that people use every day.
What would set you apart:
- Passion for Havenlys brand & products
- Experience designing for e-commerce in a web environment
- Very strong visual design instincts
- Experience designing natively for an iOS app experience
- Ability to communicate confidently & articulately
- Experience working in a high-growth consumer technology company
- A true makers mindset & work ethic
Why youll love working at Havenly:
Its challenging- You get the opportunity to work hard, learn a ton, & grow your skillset. This is not a 9-5 job, we have high expectations, & every day youll be faced with new challenges where you have to figure out how to put one foot in front of the other & move forward.
Its fulfilling - We get the opportunity to affect one of the most personal aspects of someone's life, their home, every single day. We feel really lucky to be able to create spaces where people feel comfortable, make lifetime memories in, & call home.
Its fun - We truly love what we do. Growing a business is fun. Working with a team of incredibly talented people who also love what they do is fun. Getting to do what you love to do & make an impact is fun.