The 1stdibs Product team is a highly collaborative team that creates buyer, seller, & internal product experiences for our users. We work in our office headquarters in Astor Place, New York City. As a multi-sided platform, the Product Team at 1stdibs is responsible for buyer & seller experiences across the web & app-based products, as well as a suite of web-based tools to support internal teams.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Product Designer to deliver product solutions that promote our cross platform strategy & align with the needs & behaviors of our customers. Someone who is passionate about designing beautiful product experiences (both interactions & visuals) based on insights from our customers & has a mastery of their craft. Product Designers at 1stdibs partner with stakeholders, product owners, researchers, & developers to deliver world-class solutions.
What you'll do
- Lead designs for our digital products (mobile web, native app & desktop).
- Evangelize best practices & trends in UX & product design.
- Generate product concepts & iterate solutions based on business & user feedback.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams including product owners, researchers, engineers, & marketers.
- Youre a strategic thinker whos able to defend their designs, but more importantly, gain consensus & alignment from the team.
- Know when to validate your designs with user research & A/B testing. Be able to prototype designs, assist in research studies & iterate on designs based on feedback.
- Advocate for consistency of interaction & visual design patterns with a focus on mobile. Contribute to evolving design component system.
- Transform screen designs into interactive flows with micro-interactions, animations & transitions. Create design artifacts (flow diagrams, box models, wireframes, etc) that help teams understand context & design approaches.
- Work closely with engineering to support development of proposed solutions. Deliver pixel-perfect screens & specifications to support development.
What you have
- At least 5 years of experience designing at a consumer-focused tech company or in-house product design team. Proven ability in collaborating with business, technology, & research stakeholders.
- Bachelors Degree in Interaction Design, Visual Design, Graphic Design, HCI or related field
- Strong experience in designing & maintaining cross-platform design systems. Ability to apply design principles across web, mobile & native platforms.
- Great taste & aesthetic sensibility
- Experience defining design activities & delivering impactful product experiences
- Fluency with screen design & mastery of relevant tools like Sketch, InVision, Flinto & Marvel.
- Ecommerce experience a plus
- Capacity to present design rationale across disciplines
- Possess strong verbal, written & visual presentation skills with value placed on storytelling
- Fluency with low & high-fidelity design deliverables
- Substantial understanding & awareness of the technologies used to create great web & native app experiences.
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal,and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.