This is a part-time (25 hours per week) temporary position. Time spent must be spent in sporadic bursts to ensure consistent coverage.
Topic is looking for a Social Media Community Manager (Temp) to join Topics Marketing Department focused on understanding & actioning Topics role in streaming & film culture. The candidate will focus on deeply understanding how the platform shapes streaming with an aim to interact with like-minded, relevant accounts & affinity groups as well as subscribers. This multidisciplinary role requires an individual to be a whole-brain thinker who is comfortable wearing hats that range from community manager, creative storyteller, social listener, customer service representative & collaborator, who can balance both community & business impact. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record in developing unique ideas & content strategies that drive communication threads & interaction between accounts. Candidate must be strong in relationship building online & attentive & respectful interactions with subscribers -- the customer service/community manager piece will be the largest amount of the responsibility. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have a pulse on how culture is shaped on social platforms & have the instinct to identify trending moments that are worthy of becoming Topics priority.
This role will be an integral member of the Marketing team & will report to the Director of Audience Engagement, Marketing.
- Interact with users to foster a positive community experience
- Develop the community-facing strategy for Topics streaming service across platforms.
- Communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple channels including social, event & email.
- Partner with Communications team to flag & escalate sensitive community responses & provide recommended actions.
- Create outreach plan for organic partnerships with like-minded brands to grow awareness & subscription to Topics streaming service.
- Understand the interests & behaviors of our community & how to best connect with them & keep them engaged
- Provide customer support for those seeking help or information on the brand and/or technical issues. Escalate issues as necessary.
- Identify, follow & interact with fan groups that are aligned with our mission. Develop relationships with group admins.
- Enforce Social Media Guidelines & monitor user content across key social channels like Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, & more.
- Review UGC & search for relevant & enticing creative that can be utilized in organic channels with proper credit
- Work with our copywriter to finesse language for posts & content
- Summarize insights to create monthly engagement, views, impression reports
- Work with the Director of Audience Engagement to build a content calendar for the month, & publish posts accordingly
- Work with the broader Marketing team to bring campaigns to life through social
- Work with the creative team & Director of Engagement to deliver assets that are Social first & optimized for each channel
- Other appropriately related projects/duties as assigned
Background & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience running Social channels for a consumer facing brand
- Experience prioritizing tasks, manage deadlines, adapt with changing priorities, & balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Experience in handling replies for a brand (whether for customer service or for general engagement)
- Experience spotting opportunities as they arise in response to cultural, media, or market trends
- Experience in copywriting
- Experience with Social analytics
- Experience in publishing & managing a content calendar
- Experience wearing both creative & analytical hats, putting forth best in class execution within a measurable & data driven framework
- Experience with Social tools - e.g. SkedSocial, Facebook Business/Ads Manager
- Experience with customer service applications (e.g., Zendesk)
- Experience with Project Management tools - e.g. Monday, Airtable
- Understanding of cultural trends, memes & the internet landscape both in the U.S. & Canada
- Interest in international travel & different cultures
- Follow film, TV & social media news & trends
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder & philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture & a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Field of Vision, & the recently launched Topic SVOD service, & plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats & platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators & audiences develop, distribute, discover & connect with meaningful stories.
Topic is the ambitious new storytelling brand & entertainment studio from First Look Media, dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture. From Academy Award-winning films (Spotlight) to television, audio & digital, we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction & nonfiction with an emphasis on stories of consequence that explore the issues of our time. Our approach challenging, compelling & unconventional reflects our commitment to discovering & amplifying independent new voices, & supporting established ones.
About The Intercept
The Intercept, launched in 2014 to provide an outlet for fearless, adversarial journalism, produces award-winning investigative reporting, analysis, & multimedia content focused on national security, politics, civil liberties, the environment, technology, criminal justice, media, & more. Regular contributors include co-founding editors Glenn Greenwald & Jeremy Scahill.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, & LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, & to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities