As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking a Director, Human Resources Business Partner to act as the primary business partner supporting two distinct groups, North America Client Services from the operations side of Visa & our Legal team. The NA Client Servicesteam is based in our Ashburn office & our Legal team is based in our New York office. This individual will act as a thought partner to the leaders leading each of these critical areas of Visa's Client Services & Legal functions. They will have a business focus mindset & help translate those issues to human resources capabilities. This individual will also be a member of the Client Services & Legal HRBP teams & work closely with their internal global counterparts for successful planning & delivery of HR programs & services to the business. The Director will operate as a trusted advisor & business partner to functional leaders on all people & organizational issues.
The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic payments space & be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with significant change; employing only the necessary HR processes that enable the organization to innovate & grow. The role is required to work from our Ashburn office withoccasional travel to New York.
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 10-12 years progressively responsible experience in Human Resources leadership with exposure to an innovative business, one that continues to reinvent their business proposition.
- 10+ years of successful business partner leadership experience at a divisional/executive level, with proven success in linking HR strategies to the business
- Experience working in complex organizations (matrix, cross cultural, cross geographical)
- Sets high standards of client service & works closely to establish credibility with clients
- Shapes interventions so that internal clients understand what will be delivered & when, & the process to achieve the target outcomes
- Ability to balance employer & employee advocacy
- Strong project management skills; Manages demanding goals with a project/consulting mindset & to a high standard
- Good numerical & analytical skills; strong Excel skills a plus
- Proven ability to operate strategically & have a hands-on approach including building organizational talent & workforce plans
- Successful implementation of operational & strategic HR programs & processes across a dispersed region
- Possess strong influencing & interpersonal skills, honed in a demanding & high performing work environment
- Strong local employment relations & labor law knowledge
- Proven project management & execution/delivery experience
- The ability to deal with ambiguity
- Agile thinker, ability to identify solutions creatively & in a robust manner
- Proven self-starter
- Tenacious approach with a strong sense of drive & discipline
- Thorough & detail orientated
- Partner with executive leadership teams to drive a change management agenda to meet the evolving needs of the business informed by data analysis.
- Consult with COE partners to deliver effective annual HR programs that enable managers to own completion of the process.
- Partner with key stakeholders & COEs in a manner that is a reflection of the Visa Leadership Principles.
- This position requires to travel for workup to 20%of the time
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law. Guidelines & applicable local law.