Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder & customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & more.
To keep up with our growth, were looking for a smart & passionate Workplace Coordinator for our growing team to help in building & scaling business expansion projects. Keep reading!
- Be the happy face of Flexport greeting guests, checking them in, & connecting them with their host.
- Serve as back up to our Customer Experience Team, answering phones & directing calls when needed.
- Logistical event coordination (Happy hours, office visits, etc)
- Work with the Sr. Workplace Associates and/or Manager to ensure all office supplies are ordered & stocked at all times.
- Manage local Workplace Jira ticketing system, promptly answer tickets & escalate as needed.
- Coordinate with building management (input work orders, access requests, vendor registration, dog registration, etc.)
- Help maintain the appearance of the office, conference rooms, kitchens, & common areas.
- Be a set of eyes on all things office, vendors, security, & facilities.
- Help us stay in compliance across our office & an ambassador of employee security.
- Work in conjunction with IT Help Desk on new hire workstation setup & office moves.
- Admin support & additional projects as needed.
You should have:
- A BS/BA degree preferred
- Up to one year of administrative/office experience, ideally in a high-growth environment
- A passion for people. You are smart, thoughtful, emotionally intelligent, & excited to bring out the best in people
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with setting up new office is a plus
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments within a complex organization
- A structured & organized approach towards your work
- A strong sense of urgency & personal accountability (you take the initiative to make things happen)
- Professionalism including the ability to make a good first impression & demonstrate respectful, friendly & welcoming behavior
- You see a problem & come armed with a solution
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.